• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need some futher advice...

mhortsch

Where am I?
I've been researching this on and off now for a couple months, posted questions on another board. Heres where I stand, I could use some advice.

There are 5 groomsmen in my wedding. 2 of which will smoke cigars with me on the weekends, only when I smoke however. And I basically supply them, which I am more then happy to do. I recently talked them into a box split with me...!

I want to get them all small (10-20ct) humidors, sinces its a part of me and my hobby. Now none of them currently will just smoke at home, its always when we are together, BBQ'in or something.

So I get them a desktop, or a cigar caddy? I like the portability of a caddy, but I like the looks of a desktop.

Any advice?

Here is a good suggestion Don't know what you are planning on spending but the holts Ultimo XII sampler comes with a baby humi for 50 bucks and some good cigars I have one and it works well holds humidity and doesn't look bad sitting on my desk. Anyway something to think about. Look Here

I should clarify, I think cost wise Im thinking Otterbox rather then cigar caddy.

$50 is about what I wanna spend on a person.

This 50ct at MD Cigars is $32.95. :thumbs:
MD Cigars Humidor

I have been told it holds humidity pretty well and you can't beat the price!!

Otterbox..

FOr sure..

If all else fails they can use the otterbox for other things.

I would get an actual otterbox as opposed to their CIGAR CADDY line.

How about an engraved lighter? You should be able to get them for less than $50, and I have seen grooms give these before (I have one). Its a nice gift.

JK

JimK said:
How about an engraved lighter? You should be able to get them for less than $50, and I have seen grooms give these before (I have one). Its a nice gift.

JK
[snapback]181293[/snapback]​

We get alot of people doing that for weddings at our store. I would go with otterbox. We got a good bit at my store. PM Sent.

opusxfiles said:
Dude...I vote otterbox...keep it secret...keep it safe.
[snapback]181338[/snapback]​

You don't keep special rings in an otterbox. It's for cigars! :p :whistling:

So what about for the groosman that's never touched a cigar, and probably wont, and the other that would most likely smoke the ones I give him, but only on special occasions. Do you think the desktops would fit them better, since then its more of a "decorative" thing?

So only two of the five smoke cigars, and then only cigars supplied by you. The others don't smoke cigars at all? Maybe I am missing something, but I don't think the humidors are a very good idea, nor do I think a plastic box that could be used for something else is a great idea.
When I was my best friend's best man, he gave me gift cards for best buy, and that was cool.

Here are some things you could engrave that would be cool and fit your budget:

A Swiss Army Knife
A nice keychain
Flasks
Shot glasses or something else bar related
Poker sets
Money clips
cuff links

Here are some other non-keepsake type things:
tickets to sports or concerts
liquor is always nice
Gift certificates
Big beer steins

I've given and been given quite a few of the things above, and some are cooler than others, it depends on your wedding party. Giving a humidor to mostly non-cigar smokers is like giving a fish a bicycle (IMHO). These guys are investing their time and money in your wedding, and you ought to get them something they will enjoy, or at least use.

JK

Very interesting perspective put on things.

This is a tough one. I want to give them the humi because it is a part of me, and I'd like to share my hobby with them. But thats a very good point, what good is it if they don't even like cigars. My 2 friends really need a damn humi, my humi is going to fill up keeping sticks for them!!

I have to wonder though, just like I was a couple years ago. Do they not smoke cigars becuase no one has ever properly introduced them to it? I mean, I used to hate cigars cuz swisher sweets tasted like ass. Thats why I think a desktop could possibly work for the 2/3 that dont really smoke. It looks quite nice on the mantle or desk, and theres always a nice stick in there for that special occasion. They do all smoke cigarettes like crazy, if that helps.

Maybe Im thinking wrong. It's really tough considering lighters, flasks and money clips have all been given. That doesnt leave me with to many attractive options for a keepsake.

Thanks Jim, now Im really confused! Maybe Ill just tell them that me being their friend is my gift :whistling:

If you're planning a wedding, you probably have a thousand things to do, and this one is pretty minor on the list. I got married a couple of years ago, and don't even remember what I gave my party; they probably don't either. So don't sweat it too much. First and foremost it is a gift to thank them for their participation in your wedding: the extra time, renting the tux, being ushers, etc. So purchase it as you would for someone who has done you a major solid favor. If you get down to the last minute and still don't have anything, get them get certificates for someplace cool and a bottle of something. You can't go wrong with that.

And face it, WE'RE MEN DAMNIT! We could give a **** if it is a "keepsake" or "commemorative" or whatever. Let the ladies worry about that stuff! We just want something cool, preferably something that makes a lot of noise or blows up.

Seriously, good luck with the wedding! It's a big move!

JK

p.s., when you're at the bachelor party, try not to let the strippers autograph your nutsack with indelible ink. It's not as good of an idea as it seems at the time.

Just to give you something else to think about, I went with engraved Xikar Xi cutters for my groomsmen that I smoke with. They are very cool cutters and it would be something that your friends would be able to use whenever you are together having a smoke. The price of the cutters and engraving would still be in the price range you are looking to spend.

I got the guys in my line that don't smoke money clips, so I can't help with suggestions for the non-smokers.

I know, like you need more options. :)

Somebody mentioned a Swiss Army knife..... that is a great gift for a guy.... what guy doesn't want to be like MacGuyver(sp)... one with a cigar cutter would probably be cool for the guys who smoke, even if they don't smoke all the time they could still use the knife.

I've been married twice, I bought the first guys a small Swiss Army knife and Mini Mag light combo, they all still use it.... that lasted longer than the first wife.

Got smart the second time (if that's possible) no groomsmen, no best man....

Don't worry..... the first time is only practice

mhortsch said:
Very interesting perspective put on things.

This is a tough one. I want to give them the humi because it is a part of me, and I'd like to share my hobby with them. But thats a very good point, what good is it if they don't even like cigars. My 2 friends really need a damn humi, my humi is going to fill up keeping sticks for them!!

I have to wonder though, just like I was a couple years ago. Do they not smoke cigars becuase no one has ever properly introduced them to it? I mean, I used to hate cigars cuz swisher sweets tasted like ass. Thats why I think a desktop could possibly work for the 2/3 that dont really smoke. It looks quite nice on the mantle or desk, and theres always a nice stick in there for that special occasion. They do all smoke cigarettes like crazy, if that helps.

Maybe Im thinking wrong. It's really tough considering lighters, flasks and money clips have all been given. That doesnt leave me with to many attractive options for a keepsake.

Thanks Jim, now Im really confused! Maybe Ill just tell them that me being their friend is my gift :whistling:
[snapback]181474[/snapback]​

The Swiss Army knife idea sounds like a winner. There are several types available for you to personalize the gift for each individual.
swiss

As far as humidors for your buddies, pick up some nice cigar boxes and set them up as humidors for little or nothing.

Just an idea.

Savage112