• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need some hell

Skinwalker

last couple cigars I have smoked or should I say tried to smoke have gotten about half way down and then just go out. They seem real soft after they are lite and smoked for a bit. I couldn't even get one of them to light back up. Any ideas

Sounds like they may be wet. What is the humidity they were stored in and what is the humidity of the environment you are smoking in?

My humidor digital hygrometer reads 69* and 68-69 RH. I'm smoking outside. Not sure what humidity it is. Some smoke good tho. Says 38% outside

The cigars may need to be dry boxed a few days. I have had some cigars smoke with no problems when wet but others not so well. Hopefully others may have some more insight as well.

When you get some new sticks in do u let them sit for awhile before smoking? Some I get seem soft and others stiff??

Try dry boxing for a day or two, I think there are a couple of threads on that but I'm too lazy to search.

If they're new sticks, usually a couple of weeks rest is recommended to get everything stable (I usually leave them for a couple of months before getting to new sticks, even from a shop). 69% might be a bit high for some cigars, especially isoms.

I've been married for twenty years. You want "hell" do ya...? :D

I kid, I kid.

Most of the time.

But, yeah, I would try dryboxing them for a day or two and see if that helps at all. As mentioned, have they had any time to acclimate to your humidor? Lots of retailers store on the higher humidity side.

Lol. I just noticed it said hell. And yes 20 years. Wow. I was for 13. Hell enough for me. Lol