• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need some help regarding Three Floyds

StogieSteve

Hey everyone. I am wondering if anyone knows anyone at the Three Floyds brewery. I need to know for 100% certain whether their Alpha King Pale Ale is made with grapefruit. I've tried calling but I haven't been able to get a straight answer. I need to know this, because if it is made with grapefruit I can't drink it due to the meds I'm on. I really like it, in fact I'd say it's my favourite pale ale. But I'm not going to drink any more until I know for certain.

thanks in advace.

-Steven

Hey everyone. I am wondering if anyone knows anyone at the Three Floyds brewery. I need to know for 100% certain whether their Alpha King Pale Ale is made with grapefruit. I've tried calling but I haven't been able to get a straight answer. I need to know this, because if it is made with grapefruit I can't drink it due to the meds I'm on. I really like it, in fact I'd say it's my favourite pale ale. But I'm not going to drink any more until I know for certain.

thanks in advace.

-Steven
Steven, I don't know anyone @ Three Floyds, however as a homebrewer for 14 years I can say without a doubt they do not put grapefruit in their beers. The American "C" type hops they use give a huge grapefruit flavor. I have contacted them, as has Brew Your Own Magazine for assistance in cloning that beer and actual Grapefruit has never been mentioned. (If it had grapefruit I couldn't drink it either!) It is a great beer though!
Cheers

BitterRat,

Thank you for your response. I feel much better now.

-Steven

No problem, i'll be there this next weekend, i'll talk to them and ask. Just to be on the safe side, even though i'm sure Bitter Rat knows what he's talking about.

BitterRat,

Thank you for your response. I feel much better now.

-Steven

No problem, i'll be there this next weekend, i'll talk to them and ask. Just to be on the safe side, even though i'm sure Bitter Rat knows what he's talking about.

Are you going without me??

When do you want to go, i'll meet yo there.
thumbs-up.gif