• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need some suggestions

Smokin'Tone

I just might be your huckleberry
Ok, FOG's...  I have a question that I know someone out there can help me with.

I'd like some cigar suggestions please.  For me, for stocking up on, long term holds, short term, etc..  My tastes are pretty open.  I like the stronger smokes such as Partagas, Punch, etc, but I'll admit that I also like the milder smokes like Macanudo's.  

My price ranges are open to about 250$ for a box.  

Please give me a hand, because in a round about sort of way, I'm trying to get an idea of what smokes everyone is into also, so when I finally do a pass, I can have a few things in there to maybe not have the ISOM's, but at least provide some enjoyment.   :)  

Otherwise, I'm buying all Swishers to put into the passes  :sign:  :sign:  :D

Kidding about the Swishers.  Don't shoot.  hehe

Thanks brotha's in smoke
-Tony  :cool:

Tony,

Can't go wrong with Fuentes IMO. I found a real nice box of Hemi Signatures at Mike's for about $150. Haven't smoked one yet, but they are great looking sticks, darker wrappers than I've seen before on a Sig. Lmk if you need a link or anything mmmmmkay?

Also if you like strong and spicy, Ashton VSGs are awesome, but really hard to find in box quantities.

FatherTiresius said:
Tony,

Can't go wrong with Fuentes IMO. I found a real nice box of Hemi Signatures at Mike's for about $150. Haven't smoked one yet, but they are great looking sticks, darker wrappers than I've seen before on a Sig. Lmk if you need a link or anything mmmmmkay?

Also if you like strong and spicy, Ashton VSGs are awesome, but really hard to find in box quantities.
I agree, I love the Fuente's. I want to be one of their adopted kids one day, but dammit, I keep missing the plane to the plant =p

I dig Ashton's also, sometimes they are almost too strong for me though. I don't know what it is with them, maybe it's the place I buy them from, but Ashoton seem to be hit or miss with me.

Thanks, but you forgot to um *subliminal message- "Tell me what you like as well"* Cough cough.. what was that? :lookup:

Thanks, but you forgot to um *subliminal message- "Tell me what you like as well"* Cough cough.. what was that?

hehe....well, I'm rather new to all this so I'm still pretty much playing the field. As I said, I like the Fuentes, I'm in the camp that thinks OpusX's are killer (though I'll admit that they *are* pretty damn spendy), love the Hemis and Don Carlos. The only two boxes I have so far are the Hemingways and some Punch Rare Corojo Rothschilds (great cigar for $2, imo). Others that are on my short list: Punch Grand Cru, HdM Excalibur 1066, Corojo Havana, Astral TVS and the VSGs of course. As for ISOMs, my experience is even more limited, but I've had a few that I thought were sublime: ERdM Choix Supreme, Bolivar Belicoso Finos, Partagas Short. But there's lots and lots that I want to try but haven't yet: RyJ Exhibition 4, Punch Punch, HdM Epicure 1, Upmann Magnum 46....on and on.

Did that help at all?? :)

Personally, I absolutely adore Connies, the #30 Maddie is my fave, but the Nattie is great too. I also like Padron, I have never had a bad one yet.

Haven't ever had a Padron, what's it like PB? I've read that it's a smooth smoke, but I never got around to them.

Very tasty, I did a review of one in Whatcha been smoking lately thread. I just had a Padron Anniversary the other day, it was absofrigginlutely delish. Real nutty, some chocolate and a lot of pepper. I loved it

Fuente 858
Hemingway Signature
Don Carlos #2
Any Fuente Sun Growns
Any Fuente Anejo's
VSG Spellbound
Diamond Crown #3...or any DC Maddy's

SmokinTone...let me know when you pick these all up...I'll be over to help you smoke em....LMAO :p :D :p

**This is part 1 of a 10 part list**

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

absofrigginlutely

HEY!! that's MY line! Of course I did steal it a TV show.

Extra Credit: What TV show was it from, and who said it? (character name please)

Dave :cool:

nice try - but no. Try again..... :p

Dave

First hint... It was NOT an animated series - but it was a series that ran for five years. :lookup:

Flanders was more like "Hididdlyho neighbor"....I can't imagine Flanders ever using a word like "friggin"....LOL.

I'm racking my brain, but the few cells I have left appear to be busy doing something else....probably thinking about cigars or something. GET TO WORK UP THERE AND STOP SCREWING OFF!!!

for your opening question smokint you can get isoms for $250 a box :D :D :D but my personal favorite for average mans prices is La Gloria Cubana I cant spell the name off hand but a "sobreno" its 52 ring and @ 7" long natural wrap. Just keep going to the local store and trying the gars in the pass and you will find what you like best ;) :) :p :thumbs: :cool: :D :sign:

was it a serious show or a drama, prime time or what give us a hint.

wait......................
I know..........
Jerry Springer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, I gotta question about LGCs....I keep hearing that right off the shelf they're great, then they go through a period of being nasty and then after 6-8 months they get really good again. The question is: is this true or BS. Follow-up: Does this apply to domestics, ISOMs or both? Thanks

FatherTiresius said:
Hey, I gotta question about LGCs....I keep hearing that right off the shelf they're great, then they go through a period of being nasty and then after 6-8 months they get really good again
I bought a box of LGC Serie R's #6...they smoked fine when I got em...but they do seem to improve over time...I've smoked them over 6 months...never noticed a nasty period ???

It was a Sci-Fi show. My favorite as a matter of fact.

Dave :D