• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need suggestions for a larger cabinet.

I got the Climatech system for the cooling and humidification, which I needed on 1 of my cabinets (after I purchased it) If I was going to replace just the humidifier, it would be the Guardian 100 system, with the optional high output fan. It is the best on the market imo...

Sorry, but the guardian is Aristocrat or Vigilant ?

The cigar humidor you bought from the Amazon only have the humidity control function, cigar is very sensitive to the humidity, while the temperature also will have an influence on the humidity, I think the climate controled cigar humidor will be more stable and precise in humidity control

I'm trying to choose between an Avallo and a Vigilant as well. Not sure if I want an end table or armoire sized unit (will figure based on space) and unsure about if the cooling option is necessary as I live in NY and have central air throughout the house. If anyone can help me on this decision I'd appreciate the advice.

Not sure it's "necessary" if you've got central air, but it's sure nice. Never a doubt what the temps are. I hear mine run occasionally, even when the AC is on. FWIW.....

How do the prices between Avallo and Vigilant compare...?? I'd always thought the Vigilant was lots more expensive.....I could be wrong.

Not sure it's "necessary" if you've got central air, but it's sure nice. Never a doubt what the temps are. I hear mine run occasionally, even when the AC is on. FWIW.....

How do the prices between Avallo and Vigilant compare...?? I'd always thought the Vigilant was lots more expensive.....I could be wrong.

Thanks that's something to keep in mind.

For the higher end Reliance series the Vigilant is quite a bit more expensive. But for the Sentinel series they seem to be in line.

I'm figuring I can't go wrong with either brand but is there any reason to go one way or another.

Both very nice. I have read and heard the vigilant is a very well made unit. I would be happy with either in a temp controlled option