• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need technical advice, fan in cooler.

JOE.M.

The biggest pair you have ever seen!
I want to put a fan in both my 150 & 100 coolers, Sooooooooooooo what size do I need {computer fan} and what do I need to do {or get} to covert the plug?

03280425000-190.jpg

WeatherWorks 20 in. High-Velocity Box Fan
Sears item #03280425000 Mfr. model #DB888

Drill a hole in the side of the cooler big enough to fit the plug through and sillycone around it once you've run the wire through it. ;)

Everyone’s a frigin' comedian!
the_finger.gif

In a closed system such as a coolidor you really don't need much for air movement. A fan designed for cooling will likely spin too fast and a 5" one will certainly be too big. Look for low speed fans by Panaflo or Aerco in the 80mm size and that will be more than enough.

Well, if you turn my 20" fan down to "low" it might be okay but just to be on the safe side, secure you cigars so you don't blow 'em all the way down to Albuquerque :sign:

Man, the comedy!! :p

Thanks Jason! If you see a lot of smoke flowing south of Colorado... It’s just me! :D

JOE.M. said:
I want to put a fan in both my 150 & 100 coolers, Sooooooooooooo what size do I need {computer fan} and what do I need to do {or get} to covert the plug?
Are you planning on exhausting air from the coolidor, or just circulating air inside? Im not sure what you accomplish by circulating air inside the coolidor? And any attempt to exhaust air from a well sealed coolidor will cause static pressure problems; ie: what you exhaust out must be replaced by intake air, otherwise you will create overload problems with the motor.

As for the fan, small box fans, similar to the computer fan posted in this thread, are available in 115v with cords, guards etc.

Good luck
Bruce

Air circulation! It is mainly for my 150, I don't open it much because I use it for aging and the thing is packed to the rim! I also have a hell of a lot of free time and was looking for a project.

Tell me sumthin' I didn't already know! Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Aloha,

Wade

Radio Shack for the mini fan and converter..... Almost anyplace for a plug in timer.

I have my fans cycle on for 10 minutes every 6 hours. With my cabinet being large I have two fans with one mounted on the left pointing up and one mounted on the right pointing down. Its worked fine for several years now.

You do want to know how much heat the fan you end up using developes when running it the duration of a cycle. I took my fan and digital thermometer and placed them in a tupperware container.... flipped the switch and let it run for twice as long as I had planned to cycle it. You may have to cut the cycle time and increase the frequency.

Ahhhh...why am I telling you this...... the fun is in playing with it. ;) Enjoy your new project! :D

Just saw a commerical for an Airwick room freshener with a built in fan that opperates on batteries. The fragrence thing is replaceable, so you can just take the fragrence out and use the fan. It is supposed to last 80 days and enough circulation to do a normal size room.

Sounds like something to try.