• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need Your Help

Tilden

Reaction score
What would you recommend me buying after a three and a half year layoff from cigars.

Due to circumstances beyond my control I stopped smoking cigars. Just recently I had to tossed all of my cigars that were in my once well stocked and cared for humidor. 

Its been so long I haven't kept up with what's new and good.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

T.

Hey T. - You can not go wrong with anything Padron.  What is your usual budget per stick?  Will you be just smoking occasionally or are you planning on stocking up and collecting again?

BlindedByScience said:
What did you used to smoke?  What were your faves..??

CigarInspector said:
Hey T. - You can not go wrong with anything Padron.  What is your usual budget per stick?  Will you be just smoking occasionally or are you planning on stocking up and collecting again?

My favorites were Fuente Opus X, Oliva Setie V, Fuente Gran Reserva, and TAT's.
I like to have two to three per week and price between four to twelve per stick.
For now I think I should just get what I smoke for a few weeks and then stock up after a few months.

Thank you for replying.

Regards,
T.

Smoke what you like, like what you smoke,search is your friend grasshopper.

I'd go back to the Oliva and TAT.  Throw in some Liga or Undercrown.  If you have only $3 to $5 one day and want to have a really good smoke i'de go with Nica Libre 1990.

wantacigar said:
I'd go back to the Oliva and TAT.  Throw in some Liga or Undercrown.  If you have only $3 to $5 one day and want to have a really good smoke i'de go with Nica Libre 1990.
Thanks for the tip on the Nica Libre 1990's. Now to find some...

The Work of Art Maduro is a great cigar, as are Anejos. I think they are both coming out around this time of year. The first being around a medium smoke and the second a bit more full. I recently had a Tat TAA 2012 and it was very good as well. Good luck in your hunt.

I can tell you the Oliva Serie V's are still smoking as good as ever, they are my go-to's these days, so be sure to pick up a box of them!  I also took a little break from ceegars, and I've gotten back into it slowly, so I was afraid of going with full body smokes right away.  But I can say it's just like riding a bike :)   

Best bet is to stop into a local B&M and pick up some singles, some that you know you like, and some you haven't smoked before,  And be sure to include 2 or 3 recommended by the person working there that day.  

Enjoy!