• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nestor Miranda Collection - Special Selection

mr.mac

Cigar: Nestor Miranda Collection – Special Selection
Size: Lancero – (7.0 X 38)
Wrapper: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan and Costa Rican
Binder: Nicaraguan

From Cigars International - Nestor Miranda Special Selection is a tasty new handmade named after its creator - that's Nestor Miranda for those of you not paying attention, maker of Don Lino cigars. Carefully crafted by hand in the Dominican Republic, the Special Selection is available in two choice varieties: a silky Rosado wrapper or a dark Nicaraguan-grown maduro. The long-filler mixture of Nicaraguan and Costa Rican tobaccos is extensively aged, and promises an eventful medium to full-bodied bouquet of flavor. The smoke is rich and woody, with a delightful coffee component and a unique touch of sweetness on the finish.

IMG_2964.jpg

First off let me just say that this is one of the best smelling cigars in my humidor right now. :whistling: That was the first thing that caught my attention about this smoke. It was recommended to me first by a regular shop patron and then by the shop owner himself. Impressed by his knowledge of cigars and the people "behind the scenes", I had to give this one a go. It was reasonably priced... under $6 a stick.

After clipping the head, this lancero revealed a near perfect draw. :thumbs: Upon lighting, sweet and bold smoke first hit my palate. After an inch or so, this one started giving me a well balanced, yet meaty, flavor profile. My inspection of the wrapper shows its oils on a wonderfully dark chocolate leaf that's a bit rough on the edges. No doubt about it though... this roller had skill! :cool:

Settling down a bit now, I'm left with a meaty, bold and rich tobacco flavor that delivers some exciting spice on the tip of my tongue and nostrils. One word to describe this cigar - exciting. As this cigar progressed, so did its flavors. Floral qualities moved in and the bold, meaty flavor took a back seat. And so it was with this smoke for its entirety... a delight to smoke!

Two thumbs up IMHO... :D

mac

Great review and great cigar. It was the first box that I ever bought.

Thanks for the review. Might have to try some of those!