• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Netflix Original "Stranger Things"

Breedy

Busted
Highly recommend it. Its a throw back to 80s', think Goonies meets X-Files with a dash of Silent Hill. It has funwith some of the 80s clichés, from the hot sister to completely clueless parents.

It's eight episodes and very well done.

It really is---as far as the "name" stars go, Modine phones it in and Ryder chews up the scenery something terrible, but the kids are the stars here and they're amazing. Think Super 8. It's all got a Stephen King sort of feel to it and it's a great watch.

~Boar

It really is---as far as the "name" stars go, Modine phones it in and Ryder chews up the scenery something terrible, but the kids are the stars here and they're amazing. Think Super 8. It's all got a Stephen King sort of feel to it and it's a great watch.

~Boar

Modine's performance was spot on... for an 1980's villian. That's sort of the hallmark of movies of the Era, bad guys are just bad and there is no real need to dive into their character.

Fun freak'n tastic show. Three in and we are hooked. It's going to be a late night of binging!

We finished up the season last night. They left enough threads to have a season 2, but even if they don't, the story line feels mostly wrapped up. It was fun to catch the various 80s cinema references - everything from Poltergeist to ET.

The intro to the show is such a nostalgic piece of art. I swear they threw in extra film dust that got into my eye.

The intro to the show is such a nostalgic piece of art. I swear they threw in extra film dust that got into my eye.

I got a kick out of all of the posters in the kids' rooms - Evil Dead, Dark Crystal, etc. Fun attention to detail that really makes the show tribute to that era. Big fan of the soundtrack too. Any show that uses Joy Division and the Clash will get immediate love from me.

Just started watching last night thanks to you guys. It's not a bad show this far.

I watched it this past week based on this thread. I enjoyed it. Looks like they may have left an open for a follow on.

Thank you for this recommendation. Wife and I are binge watching this puppy. Just fantastic. Right up my alley!

I got a kick out of all of the posters in the kids' rooms - Evil Dead, Dark Crystal, etc. Fun attention to detail that really makes the show tribute to that era. Big fan of the soundtrack too. Any show that uses Joy Division and the Clash will get immediate love from me.
Did you catch the reference to MK Ultra? Google it if not. Very funny piece of real history.