• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Netflix

golfgar

Bueller.... Bueller...... Anyone....... Anyone?
So when did smoking make the TV MA ratings? I just noticed this whilst watching a trashy Netflix original.

Well, the original Hellboy got it's rating in part due to Hellboy smoking cigars throughout the movie. That was back in 2003 or 2004.

Yeah, I don't know about the TV-MA but I remember first seeing "smoking" listed in the content warnings next to language, nudity & violence for the first time a few years ago & thinking "WTF?" 😂

~Boar

I noticed that as well while watching Ozark. It's also interesting to notice where it's placed on the list of offensive items!

I noticed that as well while watching Ozark. It's also interesting to notice where it's placed on the list of offensive items!

We just started Ozark as well. It's funny, because all of this TV-MA was normal, in the movies we watched as kids in the 80s.

One of these days itching your ear will join the list due to inserting a finger in your nose. You gotta be a seriously bored, non cigar smoking and never got laid to be on the board who comes up with this crap.

We just started Ozark as well. It's funny, because all of this TV-MA was normal, in the movies we watched as kids in the 80s.

Aye. I can't name any particular movies off the top of my head, but I recall watching a few old 80's films on Netflix with my daughter and marveling at what got away as PG back in the day...

Aye. I can't name any particular movies off the top of my head, but I recall watching a few old 80's films on Netflix with my daughter and marveling at what got away as PG back in the day...

We've watched the Goonies, The Great Outdoors, Uncle Buck, Ghostbusters, Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club, Weird Science over the last week. Ready to expose the kids to a bunch of other great ones this week.

We've watched the Goonies, The Great Outdoors, Uncle Buck, Ghostbusters, Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club, Weird Science over the last week. Ready to expose the kids to a bunch of other great ones this week.

That's awesome. All great movies, as well. EVERY kid needs to watch The Goonies. I'd add Labyrinth and maybe Pee Wee's Big Adventure, too.