• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Never Bow Down! Or Extortion by Merchant Services!

modF said:
Sadly, this is not really the case. It sounds to me like MasterCard is pulling what Visa did a few years ago with "high risk" internet site accounts. It's an across the board rule, not just Wells Fargo. Ton's of people tried to fight that, and you know what happened? I pay $750 per year to Visa so they will process for us.

You can't look at it like it's their bottom line, you have to look at it like it's Master Cards bottom line. Cigar sales in the US are not even going to blip that line I bet. Good luck in the fight though, you may want to consider asking Wells Fargo to pay it to keep your business. If you process enough MC with them, it would be worth their while.
[snapback]238888[/snapback]​

You are missing the point. MasterCard wanted documents...Wells Fargo wnated $1000 to process those documents.

Thats right,
and now, after sending them that letter and complaining at my local branch they dont want the declaration or the extra grand, Thats all it took , was letting them know I would move my business and banking somewhere else..

Just goes to show you these guys are making their own policies about what to charge you.

I am dumping them anyway, as I found 2 other companies that will both give me much better rates then Wells Fargo is.

Swifty said:
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Personally I quit doing business with Wells Fargo/Norwest years ago after confronting them for violating federal banking regulations.
[snapback]235597[/snapback]​
i left them as well, bunch of dopes. give 'em hell mike!

mdman said:
Thats right,
and now, after sending them that letter and complaining at my local branch they dont want the declaration or the extra grand, Thats all it took , was letting them know I would move my business and banking somewhere else..

Just goes to show you these guys are making their own policies about what to charge you.

I am dumping them anyway, as I found 2 other companies that will both give me much better rates then Wells Fargo is.
[snapback]239143[/snapback]​
I bet they don't relax that across the board, just to the "squeaky wheels". Lemmings will be Lemmings after all.

Good for you mdman, and thanks for the update.

I tend to be a squaky wheel. However when someone goes out of their way to help me, I make sure that I write a thank-you, usually to someone higher up in the company.

It goes both ways.

Lumberg said:
Good for you mdman, and thanks for the update.

I tend to be a squaky wheel. However when someone goes out of their way to help me, I make sure that I write a thank-you, usually to someone higher up in the company.

It goes both ways.
[snapback]239164[/snapback]​
Ya, the banker that helped me is a friend of mine.. she is a great person! LOL.. this is the reason I am leaving my bank accounts there..
but I am still dumping the merchant accounts...

wasch_24 said:
You are missing the point. MasterCard wanted documents...Wells Fargo wnated $1000 to process those documents.
[snapback]238894[/snapback]​

I read the documents again and "Mastercard registration fee" and the surrounding bullet/paragraph still sound to me like it's a MC fee.

Of course, I have been up for entirely too many hours working today. :)