• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New 2009 SCHIP Bill

If the Bill passes as written, will you...

• Buy Less, smoke less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maintain the same level you're at now

• Keep increasing your collection & pay more

• Total voters

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
Reaction score
In it's current form...

A 40-cent tax cap per premium cigar ($10 per 25 count box)...

How will this impact your buying/smoking habit during these tough economic times?

Option 4: order from offshore and not change anything else.

I hate taking my business away from the great B&M guys we have on CP, but I gotta do what I gotta do.

I will be buying less overall, but buying more from our member B&Ms such as Keystone, Hermit, Uptown, PuffStuff, etc. I will not be using a credit card either.

With the little that I do buy, I think I can handle the small increase. If I were buying 10 boxes a month, I think I would just cut down to 9 boxes. This is already a very expensive hobby, 10$ per 25 count-box doesn't seem to hefty, as long as it doesn't increase dramatically from there... Call it inflation?

My habits won't really change. I don't buy many boxes so an extra $.40 on a single when I buy one before I go into the lounge won't effect me that much.

And extra taxes on cigars? There's your one word slogan in action.

I will probably adjust to stay within my budget. This will mean less super premiums by about a box or two a year.
I also suspect that some manufacturers will adjust packaging, logistics, etc.

Hopefully it will be vetoed by one who might be too smart to approve such a losing proposition.

I pocked option #2. I will continue at the pace I am going, but just bitch, and piss, and moan once it is passed. Not really much else that can be done

Option 5 - stop SHCIP's!

Agreed, sitting back and accepting regressive taxation just opens us up to more. Write the letters, make the phone calls. If they really want to keep kids healthy, they can tax soda pop, video games and twinkies.

I will be buying less overall, but buying more from our member B&Ms such as Keystone, Hermit, Uptown, PuffStuff, etc. I will not be using a credit card either.

Great idea Bruce. I recommend for everyone to pick up those AMEX gift cards and use that or MO for payment. A few of my customers are already doing this.

I'll just keep on. "So what I'm gonna do is piss and moan like an impotent jerk, bend over, and take it up the tail pipe!!!" :angry: :angry: I love my leafy friends to cut down now.

I'll keep buying the same I have for years now, taxes go up here in Pa a lot on tobacco. It seems like everytime the state needs to fund something it always goes after smokers and gas.

However I agree with Gary, option 5. Get rid of SCHIP altogether

It will slow me down a little. I will stick to what I know I like and not venture too far away from those brands to try something new - combined with more out-of-the-country purchases.