• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Añejados Line from Habanos SA

I would try them if the price is right.  Would be good for beginners that may not have space or a stockpile to get into aged CC's.

oke&coke said:
I would try them if the price is right.  

From the link (translated by google);

"Habanos sa presents, for the first time, two novel launches aged Habanos....that have been aged in Cuba for 5 or more years in perfect conditions, allowing them to earn nuances and complexity without losing its characteristics initial organoleptic...." 

...oh yeah, those are going to be "priced right"...count on it.... :laugh:

Well, they need the money. Padron does it with the raw components. I'd say if they're great, I'd pay 20 to 25 ish but I suspect they'll be higher. for a few to see how they taste compared to home aging, it might be worth the tuition.

Based on the Cohiba robusto supremos weighing in at (+) $50, I suspect these will likely be in that range. Hiow does that saying go? A fool and his money...

Edit sp

CMontoya79 said:
Based on the Cohiba robusto supremos weighing in at (+) $50, I suspect these will likely be in that range. Hiow does that saying go? A fool and his money...

Edit sp

To be honest C, I wasn't on the Cohiba Supremos bandwagon until I tried one. Aside from feeling like you have a log in your mouth, they are pretty damn good! I have two left and won't mind springing for a box. I really enjoyed the Cohiba Supremo and the Boli Super Coronas from this year's EL's. Did not like the Partagas Seleccion Privada though.

I've read these seem worth the price of admission, and having tried the BHK I'd say those are well worth the price of admission. I guess it depends on a time, place, and circumstance. I'm sure the Cohiba robusto supremos would be a fine very special stick kind of smoke. These anejados will likely be similar. Or for those where money is no object. Just saying these are not the regular smoke for most of the average joes who partake in the leaf, just my .02

If this post is breaking any rules let me know and I will clean house.  I would be interested in a group buy if anyone is starting one.

***** Quoted from one of my sources *******
"Habanos s.a. introduces for the first time two new launchings of Habanos Añejados. Habanos already rolled, aged in Cuba for 5 years or more, in perfect conditions of preservation, which has enabled them to gain shades and complexity without losing their initial organoleptic characteristics.
The launching of Habanos Añejados takes place with two vitolas: Romeo y Julieta Pirámides Añejados (52 ring gauge x 156 mm long) and Montecristo Churchills Añejados (47 ring gauge x 178 mm long). Both are new products presented as a special edition in limited quantities which make them unique. In both cases, the Habanos have undergone an ageing process of between 5 and 8 years.

Through the ageing process the cigars have become rounder and mellower to the palate, getting touches of wood taste thanks to the years of rest with the cedar protecting it.

The Romeo y Julieta Pirámides Añejados and Montecristo Churchills Añejados launchings are a double novelty: due to the process of ageing as well as the introduction of formats which are not included in the regular portfolio of both brands.

Habanos Añejados are commercialized in their original boxes , which remained unlabeled during the entire ageing process and that have been dressed with the corresponding labelling of each brand to be introduced to the market.

These Habanos are presented in labelled boxes, with double ring, external stick with the legend “Añejados” and with a vitolina describing the concept. On the bottom of the box the date when the Habanos were made can be verified. “Revisado” ( Checked ) is also stamped on the bottom of the box, since 100% of the boxes have been opened and all the cigars have been checked one by one.

Romeo y Julieta Pirámides Añejados and Montecristo Churchills Añejados will be available at the outlets around the world during the first quarter of 2015."

Just sounds like another gimmick, of course Habanos SA is going to have an aged surplus stock. I bet their marketing team was like "hey why don't we sell our aged surplus at way marked up prices?!" With that being said, I'm a sucker for aged cigars and if the price is moderate I'd get a couple sticks.  :thumbs:

Prices just released

The Montecristo Añejados is a Churchill 47 x 178mm. The price for a box of 25 cigars is 527,50 euro.

The Romeo y Julieta Añejados is a Piramides 52 x 156mm. The price for a box of 25 cigars is 432,50 euro.

A BOTL on another forum posted his impression of the RYJ anejados. He seemed underwhelmed for the price tag, saying that if offered one he would t turn it down, but would not seek it.

C

Is there anything to stop them from being stamped 2008. How would you honestly know these are truly "aged"?

I may be getting a few of the Anejados and will leave my impressions as soon as I am able to turn one into smoke.

These are out and available.  I've tried..I think its not worth the price.  I would prefer looking for aged stock from one of the many retailers.

At that price, I think I would buy one or two just for the experience. Real curious how a long aged, prior to rolling, Cuban tobacco will taste. I'd say even though pricey, it is still satisfying a lot of wondering and curiosity for me.