• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New at this Cigar Fashion

Hollandpugh

well i am just 18 and i LOVE cigars. I have always been fascinated by them since i witnessed my grandfather smoking a stogie at his house when i was a youngster.

I have smoked my share of cigars through my very recent years and months, but still feel like i am a "newbie" in this hobby.

But i do love the lifestyle or rather then leisure-ness surrounding this community/hobby. Thus the wanting to be apart of this.

My question to you is for advice. My pallate is young and open for anything. I rather enjoy a flavored Acid or other flavored cigars. I love a carmel flavor.
I do not like the spice left on the pallate after a smoke though, im not sure what it is from, though i have heard that it effects everyone differently.

I enjoy a tapered end on a cigar as well as a thicker cigar as i dont like hot smoke. I rather enjoy a tasty wrap (im new at this and the vocab) of tobacco leaf.
I was wondering how one might go about choosing a wide spectrum of cigar brands or single cigars to open my pallate up to something in which i could narrow my own taste down on.
Money and funding is not a variable to me and i do have the correct storing for my cigars. ALL opinions would be helpful. Thanks again! :rolleyes:

I hope your joining this community will help cure your Acid-Addiction.

Welcome to the world of real cigars.

well thats what i am coming here for, is advice to find something more extravagant then the Acid cigar..

I hope you've posted in the introduce yourself forum, and told us all about yourself. Read the stickies introduce yourself, and welcome to CP. Try a Punch or Hoyo De Monterrey. Yummy!!

Sorry if I overstepped my bounds.

I felt the same way about flavored and acid's when I started smoking, but everyone here suggested I move on to bigger and better things, and I sure did.

You'll find somethings you like and don't like but that's half the fun, experimenting!

Pick up a variety of Punches, some Romeo Y Julietas, Padrons (thousand series), La Gloria Cubana, Patel's, just try a bunch of the middle shelf brands, then ask for things that are similar to the ones you liked.

Talk to your tobacconist!

I guess all of us here could tell you what we like but that wouldn't be fair to you. There are some internet sites that will ship you singles for free,,,TampaHumidor.com and I use that as a source to try out new cigars. It is your palate which is unique from the rest of us and if you are a noobie then I might suggest starting out with mild cigars and then working your way up as most everything is a matter of taste. If you aren't used to a full bodied cigar you probably won't enjoy it. As with life, everything in moderation. Good luck and enjoy!