• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New baby to the collection...

Mr Peat

Rich Perelman, "Loren you have a Godlike Presence.
So I visited my favorite B&M over the weekend and I always glance to see if any new pipes are in. Well, I about had a heart attack because they have a truckload of E Nording pipes in. One glance at this one and I knew it had to be mine. And for the price tag of $85, how could I say no to it. So without further ado, here is the new pipe.

DSCN03190001.jpg

DSCN03200001.jpg

DSCN03210001.jpg

Very nice! I have a similar Nording. I used a very small amount of veggie oil on the outside of the pipe to bring out the grain. It works sweet. Or, you can wait until the oils from handling it, brings it out. :D

Either way, ENJOY!

Floyd T. :sign:

Nice pipe Loren. You have a gun rack big enuf for all those pipes? :)

Nice pipe Loren. You have a gun rack big enuf for all those pipes? :)

Nah...I just lay them around the computer area since this is my smoking spot. :D But with the additional pipes, I'm going to need one soon. :whistling:

Mr. Peat,

Great looking E Nording. :D I have a Nording myself and love it, sadly though it is state-side. :angry: But enjoy your baby.

L/W

Mr. Peat,

Great looking E Nording. :D I have a Nording myself and love it, sadly though it is state-side. :angry: But enjoy your baby.

L/W

Enjoying it right now with some Escudo Navy De Luxe tobacco. This is my 2nd E Nording pipe to the collection so the first one now has company. :D

I have one like that and it is one of my favorites! :thumbs:

Wow, what a great pipe! I never saw that wood before. Does it take a 9mm filter?

Congrats and enjoy, Thomas :cool:

Wow, what a great pipe! I never saw that wood before. Does it take a 9mm filter?

Congrats and enjoy, Thomas :cool:

Nording pipes that I have do not take a filter. Most bent pipes I have seen from the quality side, do not have filters. Now straight pipes generally do from my experience which I avoid like the plague since the build up can be sucked into the mouth. Not a pleasant experience.

Really nice pipe!

Generally only pipes made by European makers for the European markets take filters. Seems to be more popular in Germany than elsewhere. I have a few that take them, and there's little difference to the smoking experience with or without, except that, for me, the draw is way too 'loose' without. If you have the adapter that comes with most filter pipes, that's not an issue.
I've never heard of the build-up being sucked into the mouth, mostly because the paper the filters are constructed of (most hold activated charcoal, a few meerschaum granules) absorb the moisture.
Now, if you were to smoke the same pipe/filter combination day after day, then maybe. I usually change the filter every 2 bowls.

Really nice pipe!

Generally only pipes made by European makers for the European markets take filters. Seems to be more popular in Germany than elsewhere. I have a few that take them, and there's little difference to the smoking experience with or without, except that, for me, the draw is way too 'loose' without. If you have the adapter that comes with most filter pipes, that's not an issue.
I've never heard of the build-up being sucked into the mouth, mostly because the paper the filters are constructed of (most hold activated charcoal, a few meerschaum granules) absorb the moisture.
Now, if you were to smoke the same pipe/filter combination day after day, then maybe. I usually change the filter every 2 bowls.

I was referring to the fact that some stuff can get past even a new filter. Especially on the cheaper pipes like a Dr Grabow. I had it happen many of times and changed the filter like you do. Generally after 1 or 2 bowls I would put a new one. Hell, my Nording pipe I have sucked up the build up while smoking it. I have on both of them. I need to see if he makes a pipe with a more drastic bent in the stem since I dont have that problem with my Peterson's which is non-filter. :thumbs:

Man, you GOTTA start puffing more gently or smoke drier!! ;)

I've never gotten anything past a 9mm filter, a 6mm or even the balsa wood triangles in the Savinelli dry-system pipes.

Man, you GOTTA start puffing more gently or smoke drier!! ;)

I've never gotten anything past a 9mm filter, a 6mm or even the balsa wood triangles in the Savinelli dry-system pipes.

I smoke a ton of Aromatics tho and I have 7 pipes in rotation. I just pack the bowls so they last upto 2 hours straight. I dont want 15 mins of fame and its gone. :p

What the heck are you guys talking about?! ..... geez, I guess it's about time I get into pipes as well :laugh:

:cool: