• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New box has date of Aug 05?

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
Just recently took a trip to the dark side. I received some PSD#4's yesterday. As excited as I was i tore through the cardboard box like lion would a gazelle. Out came the box and as I was examining the box, I saw the date stamp on the bottom. It said "AGO 05" So, educated guy that I am, that's August 2005, right? Well, my question is is this really from 2005? Ok that's probably a pretty dumb question, but I'm asking because I did not think that there would be that much stock laying around to send out boxes from 2005 in '07. So, by putting 2 and 2 together, this box is a year and a half old at the moment, right?

Congratulations. Count yourself lucky to have received a box with some age on it, especially the PSD4. The last box I purchased had a box code of AGO 06 on it. I know its hard to do, but stick it in your humidor for at least a month and let it acclimate to your conditions before smoking it.

Wow, lucky me! Yeah, i spent some time last night looking at it and ogling it. Even The Woman was intrigued by them. The one-month pee-pee dance has started!

It's not unusal for a Aug 05 box code...but for a stick with as much demand as the D4 has, you certainly did get lucky.

You are lucky for sure from '05. You can proly try one now and see how they are and if they don't taste good, in another 6 mos or so they could be ready to go. I'd order more from that store!

Congratulations. Count yourself lucky to have received a box with some age on it, especially the PSD4. The last box I purchased had a box code of AGO 06 on it. I know its hard to do, but stick it in your humidor for at least a month and let it acclimate to your conditions before smoking it.

I would have replied with the same response...but didn't have to! :laugh: :thumbs:

Just recently took a trip to the dark side. I received some PSD#4's yesterday. As excited as I was i tore through the cardboard box like lion would a gazelle. Out came the box and as I was examining the box, I saw the date stamp on the bottom. It said "AGO 05" So, educated guy that I am, that's August 2005, right? Well, my question is is this really from 2005? Ok that's probably a pretty dumb question, but I'm asking because I did not think that there would be that much stock laying around to send out boxes from 2005 in '07. So, by putting 2 and 2 together, this box is a year and a half old at the moment, right?

If the box code is stamped "AGO 05" why on earth would you think it be anything other than August of 2005? ???

So, educated guy that I am
You certainly fooled me based on the write up in your profile which is chock full of spelling errors. You claim to be a "lobbiest" but it might be good if you knew how to properly spell what your alleged job is.

When purchasing Habanos, basic protocal dictates discussing box code availability with your vendor before purchasing. It shouldn't be a surprise to you what you receive, once it is delivered. If your vendor is unwilling to discuss box codes beforehand - find a new vendor.

You certainly fooled me based on the write up in your profile which is chock full of spelling errors.
I'll be damned, thanks for bring that to my attention. Thanks Bill :thumbs:

When purchasing Habanos, basic protocal dictates discussing box code availability with your vendor before purchasing. It shouldn't be a surprise to you what you receive, once it is delivered. If your vendor is unwilling to discuss box codes beforehand - find a new vendor.
Something else I didn't know, thanks for the info, I'll remember that next time. :thumbs: