• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Cohiba Behike

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
I guess a lot of us have received the e-mails announcing the new Cohiba Behike is coming in mid-May. All big ring sizes (4 3/4" X 52, 5 5/8″ X 54,6 1/2" X 56) and sure to command a few bucks and garnered all the HYPE about it's construction. Even that 'Entertainment Tonight' like cable news station did a piece on them.

I read some of the reviews about other future releases that came out of the 2010 Habanos festival, but don't remember hearing too much about this stick. We know it's a different blend from the initial 40th Anniversary, unfordable version (at least for me it is)...but what has anyone heard about this cigar. We had a previous discussion here back in February....but as anyone heard anything new since then?

Is anyone here looking forward to buying them?

Any idea on price? The only item I found was (in that article)..."There will be three Behike sizes which in the UK will sell at £25 ($36), £33 ($48) and £39 ($57) each respectively, according to Hunters & Frankau."

Thanks

Habanos has supposedly raised the price 10% across the line based on the anticipation. :rolleyes:

I plan to acquire 10% more than I origionally anticipated based upon the unanticipated impending popularity and brisk sales. I also anticipate a rating of at least 97 by Suckling et al. (which will lead to further price increases and ever diminishing supplies). Get in now before they're all gone!

Big ring gauge or not, I do intend to purchase some...maybe as singles or in a split at first to find out if I like them before buying a box or boxes. They are expensive, and I have not had a good experience with the Gran Reserva, so I am hesitant, and feel that I need to try them before I buy them in quantity.

We were especially anxious to see "Cohiba's best-kept secret" - the new super premium line Cohiba Behike. It represents the fourth line within the Habanos top brand Cohiba besides the Linea Clasica, the Linea 1492 and the Linea Maduro 5. It consists of the three first-ever formats BHK 52, BHK 54 and BHK 56. The numbers stand for the ring gauge of the cigars. The pigtail at the mouth piece of the cigars is typical for these vitolas, which we know from the Coronas Especiales and the Lanceros from the Linea Clasica.

The formats come with the following measurements:

BHK 52: ring gauge 52 (20,64 mm) x 119 mm length; Vitola de galera: Laguito No.4
BHK 54: ring gauge 54 (21,43mm) x 144 mm length; Vitola de galera: Laguito No. 5
BHK 56: ring gauge 56 (22,22mm) x 166 mm length; Vitola de galera: Laguito No. 6

Although the Behikes will be a permanent part of the brand, they will only be available in limited quantities due to the limited availability of the tobaccos used. What is unique and a first ever in the world of premium cigars is that a fourth filler tobacco ("Fortaleza 4") is used for the Cohiba Behike, called Medio Tiempo. These are the two leafs at the top of the plant, which grow in the sun. But not every plant grows these leafs, and after appropriate selection and maturing, there is only a limited quantity available for the manufacture of the Cohiba Behikes. Only a selection of the very best tobaccos from select plantations of the regions San Luis and San Juan y Martinez in the Vuelta Abajo form the basis for the Behikes. In the Cohiba factory El Laguito, I was told also that there are only 30 torcedores who can manufacture these cigars with four filler tobaccos. The rollers have been specially trained for this job. It explains also the large ring gauge for the Behikes. The four filler tobaccos could simply not fit into more slender formats.

The purpose of the Medio Tiempo becomes very clear when smoking this cigar: it adds an incredible plethora of aromas and strength, which don't have a match anywhere in the world of cigars. With this innovative new line, Habanos s.a. didn't simply create another series, they established a new milestone. These cigars are only for experienced and discerning aficionados. The Behikes are absolutely not for beginners or occasional smokers!

It should be understood that this enormous effort has its price. The price will be on average 40 % above the price of the Cohiba Siglo VI. The name "Behike" is an old Taino word, from the Indian natives of Cuba. The Behike was highly esteemed as the medicine man and master of ceremonies and acted as the spiritual leader of the tribe.

The packaging and presentation of the Behike is also new and unique. The cigars are sold only in carefully enameled boxes of 10. Each cigar has a completely newly designed ring containing two holograms which are intended to preclude counterfeits.

Thats from the Casa del Puro Nürnberg website. No I am not planning on buying any. Overpriced Hype Cigars are not my cup of tea, regardless how good they may be.

$57 a stick ?

I think I might wait for santa to arrive first :whistling:

:laugh:

$57 a stick ?

I think I might wait for santa to arrive first :whistling:

:laugh:

Hell that's over half price from the last exclusive, must have from Cohiba! What's that the wife always says "but honey, it was half price!"

PJ

Well, from what can be seen in GB...the prices are even higher than expected.

Cohiba Behike BHK 52....$45
Cohiba Behike BHK 54....$57
Cohiba Behike BHK 56....$67

3 Cigar Sampler
Cohiba Behike BHK 56 6 1/2″ length and 56 ring gauge
Cohiba Behike BHK 54 5 5/8″ length and 54 ring gauge
Cohiba Behike BHK 52 4 3/4″ length and 52 ring gauge.....$164.72

The pricing I received a 3-pack sampler was as follows:

Cohiba BHK 52 at 27.- Euro/ cigar
Cohiba BHK 54 at 36.- Euro/ cigar
Cohiba BHK 56 at 39.- Euro/ cigar

That comes out to about $136- (US). Overpriced? Yes. But if there's one thing I know about myself it's that I have a bad habit to fall into the hype machine. At least it's just a three pack and not three boxes.
whistling.gif

I expect the reviews of this cigar to be overwhelmingly positive. Yes, these cigars are impossibly wide, but the use of this excellent tobacco will impress a lot of people. When we smoked them unmarked this past winter, they rated very high. Even the folks from Habanos we smoked with were impressed. This cigar is not for everyone, but it is easy to see this become the go-to cigar for a certain niche of botls. Most smokers will be happy to have a few of these available. This will become a popular top tray of your desk-top type cigar.

We expect the samplers will be very popular.

Cheers
Drew P

This is the first time in a while that I have really been excited about new Habanos releases. Between the BHK's and RYJ's Wide Churchill, my pockets are going to be empty. Damn you, Habanos!

Too many other cigar that I enjoy to pay this much for a cigar. Maybe a few years ago I would be tempted when I didn't care as much about the price to try the latest and greatest. I just don't see the point in spending that much for a cigar; either for these Cohiba's or the array of Padron Anniversary & Fuente Aged Selection that top $30+ per cigar......just not worth it to me anymore.

Don't have a lot of experience with Cohibas, but for what a regular one seems to run, I'd rather have a GOF. Anyday.

This one's just too rich for my blood, too.

~Boar

The article in the latest CA was overwhelmingly positive, calling the BHK the perfect cigar with the other two sizes not far off. Expect more price hikes!

I am a CoHo of the highest order. I've smoked everything Cohiba from the past ten years or so. Other then a couple of each to smoke (can't help myself!) I will not be adding these to my humidor. Everyone has their breaking point. 40% more then Siglo VI my ass ???