• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New digital controller - working great

Capt J

Quiet Member
The new FG2530 controller was installed 3 days ago and things are back to normal in my Bob Stabell humidor. He was most helpful as always. My old Habitat Monitor had started to "wander" after 7 years of use. I knew that the reading was 8-10% too high but didn't trust it not to keep wandering; so it has been replaced. My smokes had started to give burn issues (tunneling) and were just a bit off in taste.
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11141]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11140]
It was another thread here about Touching up cigars that got me focused on what was happening. Many Thanks.

Nice setup. Hope the new addition helps sort things out. I have run into odd problems like that as well. Good luck.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did the new controller set you back?  My Staebell is going on six years old....I've questioned the controller.  May want to do the same upgrade at some point.

Can't you just send it in to habitat monitor for a calibration?

BlindedByScience said:
If you don't mind me asking, how much did the new controller set you back?  My Staebell is going on six years old....I've questioned the controller.  May want to do the same upgrade at some point.
It was $195 and is a 12V system so a new power supply came with it. Also got some new wicks for the reservoir.
Backslide said:
Can't you just send it in to habitat monitor for a calibration?
First I went on their web site and wrote to them about calibration; no reply. Don't know what it means for the Habitat Monitor company.

Bob Staebell told me no parts were available for the Habitat Monitor; he should know.