• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New fan of cigars. Made first purchase now I think they might be fake

I KNOW we're not supposed to discuss sources, or ask for verification, so could i please get some help on trying to identify by other means if these are legit?

^^^How is this not asking for verification?

Thanks to everyone!
I shall relax and enjoy all of my cigars. I think I was just very upset at the thought that my cigars perhaps weren't legit. But now, I will continue to purchase with confidence.

^^^Sounds like you got what you wanted. :thumbs:

I believe that there is a difference between asking for a verification of a source and verification of the legitimacy of a cigar. For all you know, I COULD HAVE gotten these from a friend who got them from another friend and not a specific source (after all, we aren't allowed to discuss sources so there is no way for you to know that i didn't :laugh: ). What I wanted to verify was that I got A REAL ISOM. Now that I know what a REAL ISOM tastes and looks like, I can now buy with confidence knowing that I won't be fooled into buying fakes. Granted-- I won't know much when it comes to something that aren't Hoyos but at least I have a quality bar to measure them to and should be able to make a better assumption now.

MAYBE one day, I'll be trusted enough to be helped out with a source. But for now, knowing that what I smoked was real is good enough for me. I loved these smokes and can't wait to keep tasting others. After all, I'm only 19 with a lot to learn and smoke. All in all I'm very thankful for all the help.
I'm sure SOMEONE here can relate--- feeling the smoke of my first few cigars was an incredible experience. Knowing that they were the real deal just made the experience THAT much better :)

What does a "real ISOM" taste and look like? What makes you think any of these guys know what is real and aren't??

Their experience and my gut.
There is a small possibility that because I'm new everyone thinks it's cool to lie to me and lead me in the wrong direction. But, what kind of BOTLs would they be if they did this? I've read enough to trust the opinion of the members of this forum without hesitation. I have read that some members here have sold bad cigars, but the community has made things right by calling people like that out. I feel as though if someone here is blatantly lying, the honesty of the rest of the members would prevail.

Plus, this is one of the internet's friendliest and most knowledgeable cigar forums, correct?

Edgar, I don't why, but there's something about you I like. So take my advice, get the hell out of the Cuban cigar forums and stay out until we get to know you better. As the good Sisters of Perpetual Misery used to say, "A word to the wise should be sufficient."

Doc.

Edgar, I don't why, but there's something about you I like. So take my advice, get the hell out of the Cuban cigar forums and stay out until we get to know you better. As the good Sisters of Perpetual Misery used to say, "A word to the wise should be sufficient."

Doc.

I am currently experiencing a mixture of sensations. ???
I'm glad there's something you like about me, but I don't understand why I'm being asked out.
I guess I'll eventually learn. :(

Doc.

I am currently experiencing a mixture of sensations. ???
I'm glad there's something you like about me, but I don't understand why I'm being asked out.
I guess I'll eventually learn. :(

I should have been more specific. Stop posting in the Cuban forums. Read all you want. Then you'll learn from all the shipwrecked newbs that you'll find in these threads.

Doc.

So I need a new "Kid". Impacted Jack didn't work out.

Doc.

Smoke the entire Padron line and then tell me how great ISOM really are.

Enough said.

I believe that there is a difference between asking for a verification of a source and verification of the legitimacy of a cigar. For all you know, I COULD HAVE gotten these from a friend who got them from another friend and not a specific source (after all, we aren't allowed to discuss sources so there is no way for you to know that i didn't :laugh: ). What I wanted to verify was that I got A REAL ISOM. Now that I know what a REAL ISOM tastes and looks like, I can now buy with confidence knowing that I won't be fooled into buying fakes. Granted-- I won't know much when it comes to something that aren't Hoyos but at least I have a quality bar to measure them to and should be able to make a better assumption now.

MAYBE one day, I'll be trusted enough to be helped out with a source. But for now, knowing that what I smoked was real is good enough for me. I loved these smokes and can't wait to keep tasting others. After all, I'm only 19 with a lot to learn and smoke. All in all I'm very thankful for all the help.
I'm sure SOMEONE here can relate--- feeling the smoke of my first few cigars was an incredible experience. Knowing that they were the real deal just made the experience THAT much better :)

Needless to say, I was VERY excited when I placed my first order. Since discussing sources is not allowed, I did some research and came up with one that I had a hunch was reputable (and they took visa). What I got + ****** was:

25 x Hoyo De Monterrey De Depute @ (removed in edit) (since they claimed to give free shipping of your order exceeded X amount, I went ahead and added the following to my order to take advantage)
3 x Hoyo De Monterrery Epicure No2 @ (removed in edit)

The cigars came in the mail in less then 10 business days later(from a foreign country... not ISOM lol).

Unless your friend takes visa and takes orders....

I'm with Doc on this one, I like you for some reason, so here's the issue in un-shaded words.

Rod's post in pinned thread "Sources, Fogs etc."
SOURCES
This is primarily directed to newer members (those who have been here 2 years or less). If you are seen asking membership to verify a source, your account will be suspended and/or banned. If anyone sees this happening, please PM me and I'll take care of it. If someone can't take the time to read our rules upon joining, they don't belong here. The rules are posted in several locations, and you definitely can't miss them when you join.

If you buy a box of cigars, and ask the membership (who may or may not know what the hell they're talking about) if they're real, you learn through validation the legitimacy of your source. It's really no different than asking if Solo Cigars is a good place to get cigars (it definitely isn't by the way). There are numerous places in this forum and the outside lists like the Scumbag list that out known purveyors of fakes.

After all, I'm only 19 with a lot to learn and smoke. All in all I'm very thankful for all the help.

It's hard to learn when defending your position. Step back, read, learn and join in when you have something to tell. Wait until we get to know you before you start asking for favors.

Enough said.

So true!

A lot of what makes ISOMs so great is the novelty of smoking something you're not supposed to. Kinda like drinking before you're 21. That is not to say that there aren't some fantastic ISOM smokes out there, because there are, but there are some DAMN fine domestic smokes that can be had for much cheaper and for much less hassle and wonder if you're getting a legitimate product. You took a gamble buying something you knew nothing about but luckily for you it appears it wasn't a total disaster. It could've been though - Linky
Stick around, read up, deal with the vendors on here, get your feet wet with the newbie trade. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders and if you stick by the regulations here you're going to benefit greatly from being part of this fine community of BsOTL!

Enough said.

So true!

A lot of what makes ISOMs so great is the novelty of smoking something you're not supposed to. Kinda like drinking before you're 21. That is not to say that there aren't some fantastic ISOM smokes out there, because there are, but there are some DAMN fine domestic smokes that can be had for much cheaper and for much less hassle and wonder if you're getting a legitimate product. You took a gamble buying something you knew nothing about but luckily for you it appears it wasn't a total disaster. It could've been though - Linky
Stick around, read up, deal with the vendors on here, get your feet wet with the newbie trade. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders and if you stick by the regulations here you're going to benefit greatly from being part of this fine community of BsOTL!

Thanks for all the great advice. I'll read around for some recommendations on the regular cigar thread.
I read the article- The gov got a nice Christmas gift last year!