• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Favorite Past time

symyn

As of about 2 months ago my new favorite place to smoke a cigar is in my car. I consult so I drive about 100 miles or so everyday. I have been usually smoking the smaller tasty cigars, like any CAO Robusto, or my new favorite the AF Short Story, but I am looking for some other suggestions. When I make the long haul home at night it usually doesn't matter what I smoke as I will just continue the journey in the back yard. The benefits of smoking in the car is that it makes the trip a tad bit bare able, for those of you haven't driven in LA rush hour traffic it pretty much sucks. The drawbacks are the car has to be aired out for a couple of days in between cigars, ashing when going 65-70 is sometimes distracting, if I smoke a strong cigar sometimes I feel I shouldn't be driving ;) and the cigar usually doesn't burn evenly because of the swirling winds within the car.

Any of you smoke and drive, any suggestions you can offer?

I've smoked when driving. I usually turn the vents to the floor and crack the drivers window about an inch or two. One point where the air escapes. I don't have to let he car air out afterwards. My wife doesn't know any different ;)

I smoke in my car, and I got one of those little air purifiers that plugs into your car cigarette lighter. It doesn't keep your car from smelling, but the smell goes away a lot quicker.

in rush hour with all that exhaust and a cigar how do you breath!? anyways, I do the same as BFB and it usually works without flaws. except for this one time, I have no idea what was going on but when I let the smoke out of my mouth it just swirled above that center console like a tornado for a good 2 minutes. really wierd/cool but that was the worst of it.

K&P

I think you have a bunch of suggestions in the NST from CC and there will be more coming from me. I always smoke cigars in the car and favor the robusto's since they are less than 45 minutes. Most of the time since it is during the day and I would prefer something less expensive, since cost is one of the issues involved. Many Fuente's in maduro are some of my favorites and take less than 45 minutes to enjoy and fall within the $4-$5 price range. Also, some of the small cigars I've smoked while out of the country that people have given me would fit the bill if they were legal here. ;)

Korean&Proud said:
in rush hour with all that exhaust and a cigar how do you breath!? anyways, I do the same as BFB and it usually works without flaws. except for this one time, I have no idea what was going on but when I let the smoke out of my mouth it just swirled above that center console like a tornado for a good 2 minutes. really wierd/cool but that was the worst of it.

K&P
[snapback]208941[/snapback]​

Just make sure your air isn't on re-circulate, b/c the smoke won't get out.

bfreebern said:
Korean&Proud said:
in rush hour with all that exhaust and a cigar how do you breath!?  anyways, I do the same as BFB and it usually works without flaws. except for this one time, I have no idea what was going on but when I let the smoke out of my mouth it just swirled above that center console like a tornado for a good 2 minutes.  really wierd/cool but that was the worst of it.

K&P
[snapback]208941[/snapback]​

Just make sure your air isn't on re-circulate, b/c the smoke won't get out.
[snapback]208946[/snapback]​

Haha, I was thinking the exact same thing :)

A Punch Gran Puro Santa Rita is a short but sweet robusto size.

They're reasonably affordable to.

R

When I smoke in the car I'm usually just casually driving to my destination not in any hurry, but I hate smoking on the highway because of the winds. So I've considered just using a cup or something as an ashtray with the windows cracked to let the smoke out. I would think this would work much better.

Car Smoker Here.

I smoke in the car all the time. I dont use any ashtray in the car. I dont want any residual odor. I usually lite up outside the car. This way here all that smoke isnt settling in the car. I smoke with window all the way down or half way down depending upon the weather. The cigar is held in my left hand and close but not in the wind near the window. The smoke goes out the window like a backdraft. When done very little odor. Nothing an airfreshener wouldnt take care of. Nothing like a good cigar to relax you in the car.

Here in Atlanta, I believe we're rated number one in the country on average length of commute, so I feel ya regarding what to do in the car. I can smoke a cigar on the way home and I just really don't mind the traffic nearly as much.

The folks worried about how difficult it is to ash your cigar at high-speeds on the freeway don't understand Atlanta & LA traffic. There IS NO high-speed on the freeway. I'm sitting with my window fully down and checking out all the people waiting with me. There's no wind to speak of!

Anyway, one of my favorites, especially on a high-traffic day like a Friday afternoon, is a Rocky Patel SunGrown. These are slow burning, reasonably mild smokes that last and last. They're not too powerful, so you don't get dizzy while driving, and it has enough complexity to keep you interested.

I drove from Oklahoma City to Dallas smokeing a La Gloria Cubana Maduro that lasted about 2 hours. I open the passanger side window just slightly and the drivers side about 1 1/2 inches to creat a draft through the car for the smoke to escape. Just that wonderful 80+MPh wind sucks. Made the drive that much easier though. I have an "Smoke reducer" spray in the car that I use to get rid of the smoke smell and an air freshner also thats on all the time.

Lopaka

Same with my symyn!!

I do 95% of my smoking in the car. I'm on the road a lot going to political meetings, etc. or driving to the auto parts store. OKAY no Jaguar jokes you wiseacres :laugh:

If I know I'm going on a long trip, I grab a nice Prominentes for the ride and for short trips, I'll smoke a Minuto or a Quintero Brevas.

I very much enjoy smoking in the car :thumbs:

I'm usually smoking one every day on the way to work (45 minutes or so). Makes the ride (and occaisional tie ups) so much more bearable. If there's any left over, I fire it up on the way home.

bfreebern said:
My wife doesn't know any different ;)
[snapback]208927[/snapback]​

Ain't she got a nose? My wife has started buying the air fresheners.

coventrycat86 said:
OKAY no Jaguar jokes you wiseacres :laugh:

[snapback]209702[/snapback]​
Lots of Lucas (Prince of Darkness) electrical parts eh?

smoking during rush on i55 in chicago is a must, usually i enjoy a robusto for my 45 minute ride, last 2 miles all the windows are down and no smell, ymmv! :cool:

Get a sache and fill it with coffee beans. Leave it under your seat, and it will help to "eat up" the lingering cigar smell.

I have one after work each day
Makes the day go by getter knowing
I have a cigar to spark up on the way home :cool:
I just leave the drivers window down to air out the truck

Bill

bfreebern said:
I've smoked when driving. I usually turn the vents to the floor and crack the drivers window about an inch or two. One point where the air escapes. I don't have to let he car air out afterwards. My wife doesn't know any different ;)
[snapback]208927[/snapback]​
I have used this exact system for years and it is the best. The smoke can waft gently around, slowly pushed up by the fresh air from beneath. Lately I have opened the passenger door instead. Slower exit of the smoke, more time to savor.