• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Favorite Past time

coventrycat86 said:
Same with my symyn!!

I do 95% of my smoking in the car. I'm on the road a lot going to political meetings, etc. or driving to the auto parts store. OKAY no Jaguar jokes you wiseacres :laugh:

If I know I'm going on a long trip, I grab a nice Prominentes for the ride and for short trips, I'll smoke a Minuto or a Quintero Brevas.

I very much enjoy smoking in the car :thumbs:
[snapback]209702[/snapback]​

Coventry, What is the possibility of finding a restored 1954 XK120? How much do they run? I saw one about 5 years ago that I still drool over when I think about it. I can imagine smoking while driving a XK120 would be quite an experience.

Rod said:
Get a sache and fill it with coffee beans. Leave it under your seat, and it will help to "eat up" the lingering cigar smell.
[snapback]210032[/snapback]​

I'll have to try that.

KevinWHoecker said:
coventrycat86 said:
Same with my symyn!!

I do 95% of my smoking in the car.  I'm on the road a lot going to political meetings, etc. or driving to the auto parts store. OKAY no Jaguar jokes you wiseacres :laugh:

If I know I'm going on a long trip, I grab a nice Prominentes for the ride and for short trips, I'll smoke a Minuto or a Quintero Brevas.

I very much enjoy smoking in the car :thumbs:

Coventry, What is the possibility of finding a restored 1954 XK120? How much do they run? I saw one about 5 years ago that I still drool over when I think about it. I can imagine smoking while driving a XK120 would be quite an experience.
[snapback]210100[/snapback]​
Depends on the level of "restoration." A 99.9+ councours condition show car is six figures. A "presentable" restoration that's good for bringing to cruise nights for attention will probably run $40,000.00 and up. Even a junker that needs a five figure restoration will run you $10,000.00 and up. Chances are that one won't be driveable.

XK120s were made from 1949 to 1954
XK140s were made from 1955 to 1957
XK150s were made from 1958 to 1960

Then they went to the E-types.

coventrycat86 said:
Same with my symyn!!
So ... do you have your very own symyn? Is that like a mini-symyn? :p

Just messin w/ you. I see you doing the Ms. Crabtree all the time. ;)

Back on topic, I have never smoked in my car. One nice thing about Boise is that the commute to work is at most 15 minutes, so there wouldn't ever really be time. However, maybe those cigarette sized cigars would finish in about that time. Has anyone ever tried those? Are they similar to the regular cigars? For example, the davidoff or onyx cigarillos.... just curious.

Thanks,
- C

Today I had to drive to Grangeville, ID to fight a speeding ticket, which is about 200 miles from Boise. I wasn't too happy about having to drive that far, but then I remembered this thread that symyn started.

I cracked the drivers side window about an inch or so and had the vents going towards the floor. That really did help get a consistent air flow that the smoke followed out the window. I usually smoke w/ my right hand, but kept the cigar in my left so it was close to the window. I used the recently finished latte cup for an ash tray. And when I hit my destination, I couldn't smell cigar smoke in my car, and I couldn't tell after I came out of court. The real test will be to see if my wife notices. :whistling:

The real plus was I got to enjoy a Onyx Reserve driving down the road to Miles Davis "Kind of Blue" (I played it twice). I stopped obsessing about what my defense was going to be and enjoyed the cigar, the music, and the scenery. It was awesome.

I took an Ashton VSG robusto as a celebratory cigar if the verdict went in my favor. The funny thing is, the court debate didn't happen anything like I had planned. The procecutor and I went out of the court into a seperate room, he asked what I was contesting, he made a counter amendment to the ticket, we agreed, and then told the judge. It was cake and definitely not worth obsessing over. So I smoked the VSG almost the whole way back. It lasted almost the whole way, about 140 miles back. And I have found one of my top 5 favorite cigars; the Ashton Sungrown VSG freakin ROCKS! :love: :thumbs:

Thanks for all the suggestions. And if the wife or kids do notice a smell, then I will throw some coffee beans under the seat. :)

Cheers,
- C

symyn said:
As of about 2 months ago my new favorite place to smoke a cigar is in my car. I consult so I drive about 100 miles or so everyday. I have been usually smoking the smaller tasty cigars, like any CAO Robusto, or my new favorite the AF Short Story, but I am looking for some other suggestions. When I make the long haul home at night it usually doesn't matter what I smoke as I will just continue the journey in the back yard. The benefits of smoking in the car is that it makes the trip a tad bit bare able, for those of you haven't driven in LA rush hour traffic it pretty much sucks. The drawbacks are the car has to be aired out for a couple of days in between cigars, ashing when going 65-70 is sometimes distracting, if I smoke a strong cigar sometimes I feel I shouldn't be driving ;) and the cigar usually doesn't burn evenly because of the swirling winds within the car.

Any of you smoke and drive, any suggestions you can offer?
[snapback]208911[/snapback]​

Definately the Punch Rare Corojo Rothchilds. Those are my chosen smoke for the ride home. The short story's (stories??) are excellent too, but my last one (last night coincidentally) was disappointing. Or for something different, Jucy Lucy's are a change of pace.