• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Guy

Hammerfall

All my friends call me Hammer. I have been dabbling in Pipes and Cigars since I was 15. These days I mostly smoke Trilogy(s) Licenciados, El Reys, Montecristos. I am probably on this board because I just ordered some Montecristo Kiliminjaros and my humidor, although kind of expensive, has to be maintained once every 2 weeks to keep my cigars fresh and as I get forgetful I am wondering how to restore cigars that have come up on the dry side.

Welcome to CP! You should put a little more info in your profile, sign up for a newbee sampler trade and join in some of the discussions. :)

To bring back dry cigars the first step is to prevent it from happening again. There are a number of "automatic" devices you can use which only require filling every few months and then there are beads too that will last longer than 2 weeks.

To bring back your cigars start them in a seperate container or humidor at 50% for a week or two, move it up to 55% for another week, then 60% for a week and finally 65% for a few weeks. You can go to 70% if you want but not any higher.

Welcome again Hammer! :thumbs:

I put it in the other thread but let mesay it again, as has been stated, my original idea is probably not the best, it is simply what I would do. AVB and Allofus have given you the right way, if you can regulate the RH that way.

My way is subject to causing cigars to crack and split, but it has worked for me, but NOT with a very dry cigar, only with a slightly dry cigar.

Welcome Hammer!
You're gonna like it here!

As to the Dry cigar problem. . . do exactly what AVB says, and you will be as close to getting them back as you can. The real thing is not to get into that mess again.

Anyway, thanks for joining!

HAPPY SMOKES! ! !

STEVE

Hammer,

Welcome to CP!

These guys are full of all kinds of good stuff (and even a little poo once in a while :D ).

Enjoy your stay here. It is a great place for smokers of all experience levels.

M. Gipson :thumbs:

Welcome to CP Hammer!!

Since you like those MCs, must be MC Hammer!!!!!

HAMMER TIME!!!!

Okay I am spaz, but that was fun for a second there!! :D :D :D

Welcome from another new CP'er

hammer...this place is great. i'm kinda new myself, and have been welcomed with open humidors, er, i mean arms.

once those MCs get to smoking condition, make sure you give us a review!

barney