• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Havana Cigars

:Monty:

Reaction score
Just received my first sampler from these guys. Great packaging, timely delivery and the smokes are awesome. I went with the NHC July 2009 sampler and just finished my first El Triunfador Lanceros (awesome) Anyone else buy from there or recommend any other samplers?

I am not going to chime in on this one as I have never done business with them before and the FOG's have more insight into that than I do. I will tell you to run a search on them in CP to get some info on them.

I'm a little confused as to why you even responded.

You could post "do a search" for pretty much any thread on the first page of this forum. Pardon me for posting my experience and asking for a recommendation...

You could post "do a search" for pretty much any thread on the first page of this forum. Pardon me for posting my experience and asking for a recommendation...

Really? I see maybe 3 that have been posted before.

You want a recommendation? They suck.

Ok, now i get it. I just thought I was onto something good and thought I'd share it. My bad, I'll stick to reading for a while.

I'm a little confused as to why you even responded.

I recommended you do a search since the results would more than satisfy your interest in NHC and the overall feelings of the membership regarding them.

The membership here has done business with most every major cigar retailer in the world, yes it is a worldwide membership. Employing the search function will most likely give you input into the past experiences of CP members with said searched retailer.

As my friends Tomthirtysix and Lilbastage have shown you, NHC does not have a glowing recommendation of CP.

Looking around the board, yes use the search function, to find some of the retailers that others have used and also recommend which may also be able to provide the same types of cigars you are looking for. CP has members that are also retailers.

Again, my bad. I didn't realize i was showing support for a vendor that has such a negative reputation here. I understand im playing in someone else's sandbox but a simple "hey monty, we've had some negative experiences with them, you might wanna throw up a search" would have been a little more palatable. I'm still new to all this and its the fist online vendor I've used. My experience was good but from what I've read here I'm going to keep trying others.

Again, my bad. I didn't realize i was showing support for a vendor that has such a negative reputation here. I understand im playing in someone else's sandbox but a simple "hey monty, we've had some negative experiences with them, you might wanna throw up a search" would have been a little more palatable. I'm still new to all this and its the fist online vendor I've used. My experience was good but from what I've read here I'm going to keep trying others.

No worries. I did not take it as to you giving support to NHC but asking a question about them. As I mentioned I had no prior experiences with them and I knew that they did not have the best rep here but the rest of the stories I did not know.

CP is a great place with TONS of info. My only suggestion is that before you ask a question about anything cigar related, I would do a search for it. I know I have in the past and it was/is/continues to be very very helpful.

The experience of the membership is a tremendous resource for those of us, like myself, who are still just learning about cigars.

Just to add I also got a nice tax bill for a purchase made from them years ago. Wasn't much and I don't know if it's the state NHC is in or NJ (or both) but something to look out for.

Anyway . . . . nice score on the El Triunfadors - one of my favorite smokes from Tatuaje. Enjoy!

John

Don't worry about it man. It was an honest mistake that I would have made myself. Be thankful that there are guys on the board who have been around for a while who can help point you toward better vendors.

Hey Monty,

One of the greatest features of this forum is the experience of the membership as written in the posts. Nothing is ever deleted by the administration, so its all there, good and bad.

There are shops out there both B&M and internet that have proven records as scammers and gougers. You say you're new to internet purchases, and you're new to this community. A simple search, or better yet an advanced search from the forum home page could easily save you from getting screwed or seriously overspending.

Sometimes we forget that you guys don't always join this community knowing how it works. Hell basically you're dealing with a bunch of "Type A" internet geeks smoking cigars. It's not in our nature to tap someone on the shoulder and whisper advice in their ear, (I'm guessing it's not in your nature either, Right?).

It pisses us off when good people get screwed. It really pisses us off when guys that are members here get screwed.

Really? I see maybe 3 that have been posted before.

You want a recommendation? They suck.

X2. They suck. Purchased from them once, never again. Your reputation is everything in this hobby. ;)