• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Humidor! How-To...

souldog

OG Post-Whorer since 2008 bitches...
After months and months of bugging him, I finally got my buddy to get a bigger humi. He currently has an "ammo can" humi that holds about 20-25 sticks. I told him if he truly wants to enjoy the world of cigars, he needs to buy a bigger humi!!! So, I got him a humi from Cigarbid. It came in the mail today, and I have it all set up to season, just thought I'd share with you folks:

Here is the humi (El Presidente 300 capacity):

S5000971.jpg

And here it is opened up with all the stuff needed to convert it from a "regular" humidor to a "SUPER VIPER BEADS HUMIDOR:"

S5000970.jpg

The setup is pretty easy as you just take the two brick humidifiers, pop em' open, get that green wet foam crap out.

S5000973.jpg

Then you can take some old tights, cut them to size so they'll fit inside the brick, fill them with Viper's Beads, close them shut, and voila! Humidifiers are all set!

S5000975.jpg

(note my "skull crusher" knife...I loves that beast! :love: )

Now the bricks are all ready to go and are in the humidor. The small glass of distilled water as well as 4 Boveda Seasoning packets are in there ready to go. The hygrometer is currently in a calibration pack, waiting for 72 hours:

S5000976.jpg

Hopefully my buddy will be excited when I give it to him next week, full of some nice sticks for sure! :thumbs: Hope this helps anyone looking for solutions for their new humidor.

Very very nice bro! Only question is how many old sets of tights you running around in. :) hehe just playing with ya!! Looking good, and now I can take my other humidifiers and switch em up!

Don

You're a good friend!! That's an awesome humi. How much did that sucker set your friend back?

Very nice humidor!!
It looks like you wiped down the inside of it, Do you do that with all your humidors?
I was just wondering because I hear different opinions about that.
I wiped down mine and have not had a problem yet (knock on wood)!
Hope your friend will enjoy his new hobby.

Cigar Chief

What a great friend! Nice humidor and nice work. :)

Note: I do love the knife!

Looks like you did good. That's interesting the way you set up the bricks with the beads. I may have to look into doing something like that for mine. The bead tubes work well but they do take up space, and on top of that the beads tend to break and leave "chips" all over my humi, a pain to clean up.

If only I had an old pair of tights.... ???

I'm sure Souldog has plenty you can borrow. Probably has and extra dress or two, maybe a tube top, and some high heels you can use as well.

oscar.jpg

I'm sure Souldog has plenty you can borrow. Probably has and extra dress or two, maybe a tube top, and some high heels you can use as well.

oscar.jpg

And now I must use my CRKT M16 knife to gouge out my eyeballs...

Thank you Brent.

For once again you rob me of my innocence!! :blush:

:sign: :sign: :sign: