• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Humidor Ordered

JArtimez

Recently signed a contract for a custom-made humidor from Vigilant, a company in New Hampshire. Anybody have any experience with them? If so, are you happy with your purchase?

I went to their site and looked. Appears to be very well thought out and they look wonderful. I personally would opt for all wood doors unless you intend to "show off" you stuff. Think it gives you more solid humidification. Didn't see fully Spanish cedar lining mentioned but you know that,
I hope some of the other brothers here hop in with additional comments. There are some pearls of wisdom to be had. Best of luck, wish I could get one with you. Enjoy!

Hey JA, careful, they are not, repeat NOT using Spanish cedar for the interior. Here is the email I received. Wish so of the other guys would chime in and give us their thoughts.

IMG_2717.jpeg

Spanish Cedar is an excellent exterior grade species that is often viewed as a viable alternate to Genuine Mahogany. In fact the Spanish Cedar is in the same Meliaceae family that Mahogany resides so a case could be made for the similarities.