• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Humidor

Nathan Rahl

Dum de Dum
Well, I finally broke down and am replacing my several small humidors and tupperware containers.

Just put THIS baby on preorder for the June shipment.

Can't wait for that bad boy to get here sometime in June :D! Untill then, I will just have to continue to add more tupperware containers to the growing collection in my room :laugh: .

I've got one as several other BOTL's here do. I am very happy with it. It looks nice, and keeps my 'gars nice.

A couple words: Get beads (no association with Viper, just a pleased customer).
Make sure you check and adjust your hinges.

I've got one as several other BOTL's here do. I am very happy with it. It looks nice, and keeps my 'gars nice.

A couple words: Get beads (no association with Viper, just a pleased customer).
Make sure you check and adjust your hinges.

Yup, beads are already in my other humidors. Wouldn't humidify any other way :D. I read that thread to about the hinges earlier today. Was searching for some feadback and came across that. So I will definitely make sure everything is in working order.

Looks nice can't wait to upgrade myself

That is one spiffy box!

Congratulations on the new home for your sticks. :D

Wilkey

ykm loki' date='May 2 2006, 12:26 AM' post='317250']
Very nice humi. What are you doing with the other ones?

Well, right now I have 2 other humis and several tupperdors. The one humi's seal is rather bad, so I might just throw it away. I have to recharge the beads in it atleast once a week :( . The other one, I will probably be taking into the Air Force with me and leave my new baby at home for aging/storage. Unless I score a nice dorm in the Air Force and actually have room for that big thing, then it will be coming with me.

Very nice. I have been eyeing that exact same one since I bought my first humidor off that site.

For those of you with this humidor do you use a combination of a beads and a fan, or some model of an oasis?

So did you get the new humi? I am anxious to see it stocked up and ready to go. Pics are needed...Hurry. :)

Nathan,
I have the same cabinet you've just ordered and simply love it! Do check the hinges on it to be sure that they are tight and balanced. If not, you will notice immediately that the door will not close or latch shut as it should. Also, another precautionary measure would be to check the weather stripping to be sure it is doing its job.

I've had mine for almost a year now and am very happy with it. Enjoy!

Darren :thumbs: :thumbs:

So did you get the new humi? I am anxious to see it stocked up and ready to go. Pics are needed...Hurry. :)

Ahh it won't be here till around the middle of June I think :( . Got to wait for them to get their shipment in, it is just on preorder now.

For those of you with this humidor do you use a combination of a beads and a fan, or some model of an oasis?

I got my cabinet from Dave at Cheaphumidors (no affiliation) a couple weeks ago. I'm uber-happy with it. I got a couple pounds of 65% beads from Viper (again, no affiliation) and two Oust fans to move air inside the unit. Beads have worked so well in my humidors that I opted not to purchase the Oasis.

Also... as mentioned before... be sure to check the hinges and weatherstriping. I had to make a minor adjustment to the hinges on my cabinet, but now my baby is running tip top.

Enjoy your new cabinet Nathan. :thumbs:

1200.jpg

edited to add: I just use a few large mesh bags (also available through Viper) and put the bags of beads throughout the humidor.

You just throw those beads in a bowl or do you have a couple of wands throughout the box.

It's nice to see a real life pic of that box. It looks like a great deal.

You just throw those beads in a bowl or do you have a couple of wands throughout the box.

It's nice to see a real life pic of that box. It looks like a great deal.

I bought some drawer organizers at Lowes to put my bags of beads in. The kit of organizers was $10. They just fit the height of the drawer, I used one on each shelf in the cabinet. The primary reason for choosing them was the long ones were the perfect size to set under the cooling unit I installed to collect any condensation that may occur (none at this point :thumbs: )

I tried to find a link, but was unable to find the exact item I bought. They were in the kitchen area...