• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New(ish) Nat Sherman Smoke Shop in NYC

thejollyco

The Jolly Company
So I went to the new Nat Sherman cigar shop a couple days before Christmas. I am used to the old location where it was two floors, the first floor consisting of cigars on display and the second floor consisting of a lounge and a huge humidor room where one can smoke. The humidor room didn't sell cigars, but served as a locker storage for cigars for a lot of famous people.
The new location, not situation too far from the original has a different layout. There are more accessories and cigarettes in the front, and a large walk in humidor in the back. The second floor isn't as large as the old place and there doesn't seem to exist a place to sit next to the window to look down. A piano occupies that area and is off limits. I don't think the new store is as big as the old one, but I may be wrong.

It seemed like the cigar selection has increased in size and variety, at the cost of lounge space. I really miss going to the second floor and having a cigar while watching the busy street below.

I had a nice PAM near the window of the first floor watching people going by. However, the humidor was slightly dry, and as a result the first cigar I had was too dry to punch. Luckily I was smoking it in the shop, so the salesperson told me to get another one.

Personally, I love the new Nat Sherman location. Bet's the Barclay Rex location down the street. While I do buy cigars there, the Barclay Rex across from Grand Central Terminal is just way too small, and the humidor has nothing in terms of variety when you compare it to the Barclay Rex humidor on Lexington Ave.

I haven't been in the new location just yet. Back when I worked in NYC I was in a building at 42nd and 6th and remember walking passed Nat Sherman every day. Then one day the wife and I went up to see a show and the shop was on the wrong side of the street. I can tell you I honestly thought I was loosing my mind. We'll actually be back in NYC on Saturday and I hope to finally be able to stop in the new shop.