• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New job in Elizabeth, NJ, Where to Live?

CalixEros

Big Building Builder
So my next job is a DC expansion right next to the Newark airport. I've been told that the immediate area around there is pretty bad and I should stay away. So where should I look for apartments with a fairly short commute and decent location? My cheap company has $1,000/month budgeted for my apartment, so I should stay somewhere close to that. Am I dreaming if I think I can find anything nice in a good neighborhood around there? Thanks for any help you guys can give me. :thumbs:

That is a very bad area, although supposedly getting better. I hear Jersey City is pretty nice (view of Manhattan).

I wish I knew more about areas to live in. I will ask around at work tomorrow for you.

Good luck with the new job.
It's not a very nice area right by the airport and Jersey City might be priced beyond what you're looking for (maybe not).
Here are a couple of links for local papers with classified sections.
Your best bet might be to contact realtors in the area (Weichert, Century 21, etc.)
Welcome to New Jersey!

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/

http://www.northjersey.com/

Good luck on the new job.
Look around Union City,North Bergen,West New York.
Hoboken is nice but the rent is very high $2000 + a month. :0

I was just about to add Hoboken, but Bobby beat me to it. From what I remember, it was turning into a hip, nice place to live close to nyc, however rent is most likely really high.

How far is Morristown from Elizabeth? If I recall correctly, it should be just a short drive on 287?

Gonz said:
How far is Morristown from Elizabeth?  If I recall correctly, it should be just a short drive on 287?
[snapback]229007[/snapback]​

IT about 20-25 min. away

When you get set up down here LMK we allways have a HERF going on. :thumbs:

HI there, been in NJ myself alot this last year on biz.. Head over to Paramus, Emmerson, Edison, Hackensack should be able to get an apt for that budget and nicer areas.

Good luck...winters are frozen hell!!

go to apartments.com and plug in and they have virtual tours!! Thats how I am finding my new apt in Las Vegas....

FullMoonFrenzy said:
Head over to Paramus, Emerson, Hackensack...
[snapback]229050[/snapback]​

I'm smack dab in the middle of these towns.
Give me a shout if you(all) wind up there.

FullMoonFrenzy said:
HI there, been in NJ myself alot this last year on biz.. Head over to Paramus, Emmerson, Edison, Hackensack should be able to get an apt for that budget and nicer areas.

Good luck...winters are frozen hell!!

go to apartments.com and plug in and they have virtual tours!! Thats how I am finding my new apt in Las Vegas....
[snapback]229050[/snapback]​

HEY, who's this FMF chick anyway? :laugh:

Thanks for your advice, I'll try looking around some of those places. If I can't find anything nice, I might just tell my company to kiss my a**. If they want to send me up there they need to get a place as nice as mine at home!