• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Job!

BigJake6904

Fat Texan
As many of you know I graduated last Aug. and left the cigar store I was working at to be a driver-salesman working 70+ hour weeks for Schwan's home delivery (which also played a large role in a decline in forum posting and missing HERFS :( ).

Long story short, with my background in scouting (Eagle '05) I had a 3 step interview process and last week was extended the offer to be a district executive with the Boy Scouts of America in SW Houston! I couldn't be happier...finally a job that I feel I would not only love, but is so much more rewarding and gratifying than just a paycheck!

So needless to say, this Saturday I will be moving back to Houston to begin the new job on the 17th! So...for those that keep records or store addresses on click and ship....note that mine will be changing! :thumbs: I just had to share this with all you brothers...time to burn a special one!

Congrats! Sounds like a lot of fun! It's great to have a job you love!

That's great news Jake, back in Houston and we'll get to see you on the board more often...... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Congrats Jake that's great news. One of the most important things in life is that you enjoy what you do for a living.

Congrats Jake. I know how long you've been looking. I'll be heading back that way around the 4th of July again and now you won't have to drive so far for a herf. What Councils are you over? I grew up in the Bay Area Council.

Congrats. Do what you love and love what you do. Life doesn't get much better than that.

Congrats Jake! Good luck with the new job! :)

I am in that area 2-3 times a week, I may even let you buy me a beer! :laugh:

Congrats Jake !! Glad to hear you find more than a paycheck out of the job...it makes work so much easier to drive to some days.

Joe G

My friend, you just signed up for one of the most stressful and demanding jobs on the planet. Congratulations and good luck! If there's anything I can do to help you cope with the volunteer/professional relationship, don't hesitate to pm me.

Doc.

Congrats Jake!
Glad you found a job that is more than just a paycheck, makes it all worthwhile!

Rene

Congrats on the new job. A very worthwhile job too I might add. Hope you enjoy it.

Congrats and good luck on the new job. Hope we will see you in NOLA this year. I look forward to smoking with you again brother.

Jake2.jpg