• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New job?

wam79

Wish me luck.
I have applied for a new position at work. The job is in Utilization Review, which would be a new direction for me in my career. The work I do now can be strenuous physically. My doctor has told me that I have a condition like arthritis. Not life threatening but I'm not able to do the work I have now. :( The job now can involve strenuous physical work & there is a lot of mandatory OT. That I cannot do anymore.
I have been told by the HR dept. that if the doctor determines I cannot remain at my current job I could be placed in a position I can function well at. If I get the job I am applying for I would not have to document a disability which would be better for me if I ever apply for insurance or if I want to get another job. I hope to return to my old job if I’m ever able & couldn't if I have to document limits on my ability The new position would be in an office so I wouldn't have to stand to long. I would only work during the day (no more evening & nights :) ) plus weekends and holidays off :) :) . . The position I hope to get is a challenging one. I know what the job entails and think I would enjoy the work.
I will learn if my application has been accepted on July 7th.

Bill

G'luck - you don't need it though. You'll shine through without it.

And don't forget that celebratory stogie afterwards (and a review for us<grin>_

We all here at CP know you will get the job! :thumbs:

What exactly is it that you do again?

cvmfour said:
We all here at CP know you will get the job! :thumbs:

What exactly is it that you do again?
I'm a Psychiatric RN. I take care of acutely ill mental health patients. The job can get physical sometimes and I probably won't get the ok to work there again. :(
I like what I do. A change isn't terrible but I'll miss the work I have been doing.

I can't complain to much at least I know I'll have a job just don't know what I'll be doing.

Bill

Good luck...I am sure the company will do the right thing

Overtime or weekends off...tough choice. I hope you get what you want.

Good Luck wam. I am in the same situation right now. Waiting on a interview call that is supposed to be here this week. Kinda nerve-racking. Hang in there!
Bryan :thumbs:

bryan_h said:
Good Luck wam. I am in the same situation right now. Waiting on a interview call that is supposed to be here this week. Kinda nerve-racking. Hang in there!
Bryan :thumbs:
That's it the whole thing is nerve racking.
My supervisor is sort of a head case. Liked me when I was working but not helping now that I'm not allowed to work in her area. :angry: Fortunately I have been working with the HR dept. & I think there are a few different positions I could work at. I just hope I end up doing something I like. I don't mind the idea of a desk job, as long I can keep busy. I've never had a job that wasn't busy and I wouldn't like it to be boring. :)

Bill