• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New logo/artwork needed!

gmiranda33

Alright guys here is the story, I am in the process of opening a new cigar store with my brother.
While we have the name, Havana Humidor, we appearantly have no creative juices.
What I am looking for is a new logo/artwork to use for the store.
Should we choose your logo, you will be compensated in cigars!!!

Come on guys lets see your ideas!!!

I have no talent for art but I do have an idea. A banana tree but instead of bananas use cigars for the bunches.

I like the idea of having a logo with a picture of a very old but distinguished humidor being half open. Instead of cigars in the box, either have a old map of Havana or a picture of old Havana, maybe someone rolling cigars. You could have your name in the top of the humidor or the name could be above or below the humidor.

Rich

Alright guys here is the story, I am in the process of opening a new cigar store with my brother.
While we have the name, Havana Humidor, we appearantly have no creative juices.
What I am looking for is a new logo/artwork to use for the store.
Should we choose your logo, you will be compensated in cigars!!!

Come on guys lets see your ideas!!!

Good to hear. Where will the store be located?

Good luck with your new venture!
I majored in fine art, and I will give it a stab, but designing a good, or great, Logo is an art unto itself.

Our initial idea was just that, a humidor/cigar box with Havana Humidor written on it but again we were not very creative and also thought that the artwork might become difficult for embroidery purposes.
It doesn't necessarily have to have a cuban/havana theme.
The store will be in pinecrest.

Maybe something simple.

106533HavanaHumidors6327.png

Did I win?

Gabriel good luck with the new store :thumbs:

guys so far 1 have 1 entry? I thought you all were creative!!

art takes time, I'd give it a few days. The dilemma I face is whether to make it simple, or complex. If it was to say...be printed on a shirt or something, complex may not be the best approach. Still drafting ideas.

Bigjake I will make it easy for you. yes I would like to be able to use it on tshirts, cap and polo shirts.

Here's one for you Gabe. Simple and brand friendly. Btw, Congrats and good luck on the new store. :)

HHcopy.jpg

My humble suggestion (since I can't really provide the artwork for you) -- if you want to distinguish yourself amongst the host of cigar stores and companies, make it simple. Make it deceptively simple.

If there's one thing wrong with the asthetics of the cigar community is a tendency to go a little overboard with the graphics and design. I suggest to keep it elegant, simple, and reproducible in multiple formats. Take Tatuaje for example. Whether you like the logo or not, that fleur de lis logo can be reproduced in multiple sizes and styles and be recognized immediately (think the Apple logo, or any other strong brand for that matter). Too many cigar labels, stores, and other graphic elements are just too overwrought and unnecessarily detailed to the point of being garish...

IMHO...

Good luck with your venture.

If you are going to be printing things, such as shirts, hats, match boxes, what have you, the fewer colors the easier/cheaper it is to do.

I dunno...something simple, a lil humidor with your company name over it. Highlight the text to bring it out.

I drew this up for you...

My humble submission:

havanahumidorfinal.jpg