• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New logo/artwork needed!

Sketch number one...more coming if time permits:

havhumi.jpg

Ill give this a shot. I will try and get a submission within the next 2 days.

Just a quick add to my previous post to explain a little about my logo design philosophy - which reverberates much of what's been said by several brothers here in this thread.

Simplicity is key. I typically design in black and white so the logo can translate to anything: fax, internet, hats and shirts, and especially signage. If your logo has a high degree of complexity and it's on a sign mounted on a building - visibility from a distance will simply be lame. Furthermore, with all due respect to other designs presented herein, I'm not sold on the use of the tobacco leaf in the logo. Sure - hardcore BOTL's will know what it is, but that is only a percentage of potential customers. You're going to get your fair share of not-so-savvy wannabe's and those simply looking for a good gift idea. That is why I think the use of a cigar (although be it a bit trite), is a much more universally recognizable symbol to send your message.

Below is an example of my first sketch with the addition of the Cuban flag colors and a little shadowing to show how a simple logo can be utilized in many forms. This version might be okay for the internet where the computer screen is 12-18" from the viewers eyes, but too complex if viewed from the highway a few hundred yards away, or even across the mall at a few hundred feet. The simple base format also allows you to do things like hats and t-shirts in a single color. Multiple colors can quickly shoot up the cost of promotional items into the arena of cost-prohibitive. A one-color, flat design translates into adhesive vinyl for windows and signs, imprinted items like coffee cups and lighters, and embroidery. Somebody else mentioned the simplicity of the Apple logo. Same thing goes for the most recognizable brands in existence (Nike, McDonalds, Coca-Cola, etc.) Just my 2¢.

If I have time - I'll try to throw together a few more. Good luck with the store, Gabriel.

-Jay

havhumi1b.jpg

Smokinfish is right - that logo resides at havanahumidor.net. You may want to check into copyright infringement with an attorney before proceeding. Speaking of copyright infringement, here's another one I did. After tooling around with it for 1/2 hour or so - I realized, "Oh...Hummer might have a problem with this!". I'll post it up anyway - just for fun:

havhumi2a.jpg

Here's one for you Gabe. Simple and brand friendly. Btw, Congrats and good luck on the new store. :)

HHcopy.jpg

Nice typeface selection on the largest layout. Might need to be heavier to reproduce on smaller items, I like it clean and simple. But I'm not in charge. :laugh:

Okay, I'm burned out. Four is enough...until another brainstorm hits! :)

havhumi4.jpg

No artistic talent here... BUT, I live close enough to shop there so lemme know when you are up and running! lol

Okay, I'm burned out. Four is enough...until another brainstorm hits! :)

havhumi4.jpg

Jay,

I dont want to critique your work, as I think it's a good design, however....

The placement of the H's COULD (I stress the COULD) be seen as similar to this.....

667730056_3a0ea724d3.jpg

Maybe it was just me being ultra-sensitive? ??? :whistling:

I very often pull ideas from outside sources...but in this case I can honestly say it is completely coincidental that there are similarities. Granted, not the kind of similarities that might invite copyright infringement trouble like my H2 design - but similarities. I think the two are different enough - but we'll leave it up to the CP Jury to decide.

Edit to add: By the way - what is that logo from? I'm not familiar with it.

LOL...GM.

It's one of Hitler's many stupid f***ing logos. Heil Hitler.... :(

Btw- It's not THE SAME...I jsut would hate people to see that and then not go to that establishment b/c of the similarities. Again, you'd have to look into it..but immediately, I thought it looked familiar and did a google search.

Edit: I THINK that's what the double H's stood for...I could be wrong...but it came up w/ my google search. (Just wanted to make that clear..I'm no historian and don't claim to be :))

LOL...GM.

It's one of Hitler's many stupid f***ing logos. Heil Hitler.... :(

Btw- It's not THE SAME...I jsut would hate people to see that and then not go to that establishment b/c of the similarities. Again, you'd have to look into it..but immediately, I thought it looked familiar and did a google search.

Edit: I THINK that's what the double H's stood for...I could be wrong...but it came up w/ my google search. (Just wanted to make that clear..I'm no historian and don't claim to be :))

Nothing to do with hitler, it's the Logo on a Marilyn Manson album.

Do another search under "Golden Age of Grotesque logo" ;)

Thanks for clearing that up, Jake...I kinda thought those looked like M's and not H's.

Haven't had much time lately...but this is what I drew up really quick

343916918.jpg

343916917.jpg

I like the one with the sun in it. I think it would look good on the from of a building as well as on a t-shirt / polo shirt / ball cap. Nice job Jake........ :rolleyes: :thumbs: :cool:

I like the one with the sun in it. I think it would look good on the from of a building as well as on a t-shirt / polo shirt / ball cap. Nice job Jake........ :rolleyes: :thumbs: :cool:

Thanks Charlie! from a retail perspective...I felt it was very "inviting" if you know what I mean. I'll have a lot more time tonight to crank out a few more of the ideas I had, it's not easy keeping it simple enough to be an embroidery, but fulfilling and inviting enough to use as a overall logo.

Of course, there could be more of a "active" logo...and shirt's/ hats could have a different type of logo, or a more simplistic version. The only issue I had with this one is the wood color on the humidor. I really like the cuban flag I laid over the top of it for an addition to the theme...but details like grains on a humidor won't be simple on caps or shirts. But then again humidor is in the name....how CAN you leave it out without doing just an "average" logo for the business.

Meh, so many different ideas crashing in my head...we'll see what tonight brings.