• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New logo/artwork needed!

LOL...GM.

It's one of Hitler's many stupid f***ing logos. Heil Hitler.... :(

Btw- It's not THE SAME...I jsut would hate people to see that and then not go to that establishment b/c of the similarities. Again, you'd have to look into it..but immediately, I thought it looked familiar and did a google search.

Edit: I THINK that's what the double H's stood for...I could be wrong...but it came up w/ my google search. (Just wanted to make that clear..I'm no historian and don't claim to be :))

Nothing to do with hitler, it's the Logo on a Marilyn Manson album.

Do another search under "Golden Age of Grotesque logo" ;)

:laugh: Well now I just feel like a d*ck. :laugh:

Damn internet..can't trust it.

Sorry Jay! Thanks for clearing that up Jake.

-Aaron

i dont know anything about design but i will c if a friend of mine has time to come up with something

One more!

106533HavanaHumidor%20logo%20Cigar6395.png

how about something, with the cuban flag, or maybe the island in the background?

My humble suggestion (since I can't really provide the artwork for you) -- if you want to distinguish yourself amongst the host of cigar stores and companies, make it simple. Make it deceptively simple.

If there's one thing wrong with the asthetics of the cigar community is a tendency to go a little overboard with the graphics and design. I suggest to keep it elegant, simple, and reproducible in multiple formats. Take Tatuaje for example. Whether you like the logo or not, that fleur de lis logo can be reproduced in multiple sizes and styles and be recognized immediately (think the Apple logo, or any other strong brand for that matter). Too many cigar labels, stores, and other graphic elements are just too overwrought and unnecessarily detailed to the point of being garish...

IMHO...

Good luck with your venture.

i agree with this philosophy 99.9% of the time. but this isnt one of them. cigar shop logos in general a booooriiiiing. mainly because cigar shop owners arent makerting guys. its hard enough to come up with a unique name so the logo and branding should stand out. i agree with your comparison of tat's, but thats cigars. cigar shops are a whole different animal. your "regulars" and "die hards" dont give a rat's arse what your signage looks like so dont cater to them. your branding should be geared towards new smokers or the wives of smokers or casual smokers. thats where a colorful, different "out of the box" kind of logo works well. buts of course, thats mho...

Our initial idea was just that, a humidor/cigar box with Havana Humidor written on it but again we were not very creative and also thought that the artwork might become difficult for embroidery purposes.
It doesn't necessarily have to have a cuban/havana theme.
The store will be in pinecrest.

My old man has a home in Pinecrest and for the life of me I can't remember seeing a B&M anywhere in that area...Good luck with your grand opening! Any dates set yet? Keep me posted!

I haven't had a chance to play with Black and White, or Grey Tones, etc., but here is an idea.

gallery_7313_655_110.jpg

Sorry I didnt post the winner earlier guys got tied up. The decision was not an easy one and after much debate we have come to a conclusion.

The winner is............................

SmokinFish!

I would like to thank everyone for their help and ideas with this matter. I am currently in the final stages of opening the store and have a target date of being opened by December 15th. I will keep you guys posted.

That is a good choice - solid design.

Now if you'll excuse me for a moment...

crying-baby.jpg

UPDATE!

The new store is done! We are finally open. For the local guys that want to stop by, come visit us at:

Havana Humidor of Pinecrest
12749 South Dixie Highway
Pinecrest, FL 33156
305-278-2804
www.havanahumidorcigars.com

Smokinfish I owe you some cigars. PM me your info and I will get them to you.
Thanks again for everyones help with the logo.

That's great to hear!!! My old man lives in the area so I'll be passing by soon, hope you have comfy sofas... Congratulations!!!

Congrats for officially opening up brother, and a nice start on the new website as well. I hope you have a happy holiday season and a very prosperous New Year........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

Charlie