• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Meershams in..

Mr Peat

Rich Perelman, "Loren you have a Godlike Presence.
Well today I got my pipes from the seller off Ebay. Now mind you these are cheap pipes but for the price I couldnt refuse them. I added a Churchwarden and another pipe slightly bent. Both of them are brand new. Once I get some batteries, I will post a picture of them this week. Already the breaking in on the Warden. Not to bad for a beginner pipe smoker. They are Meershams with a Viking type face carving. I feel like a noob breaking in a pipe after all these years of smoking pipes. happy trails smoking some pipes.

Breaking in Meerschaum is not nearly as bad as breaking in a briar pipe IMO. Infact I just load them up and go for it, I wouldn't even worry about breaking it in.

Mr Peat said:
Once I get some batteries, I will post a picture of them this week.
[snapback]296858[/snapback]​
You need to hurry and get the batteries... we've missed out on a Shark, WOAM, Untold Story, your brewing, and now new pipes. :D :thumbs:

Nick

Razor...I'm glad you said that about breakin' in a Meerschaum(or not needing to). The pipe guy at my local shop said it wasn't really necessary to either.

I just picked up my first pipe two weeks ago and breakin' it in is killin' me! :whistling: Smoke half a bowl and then let it sit for a week. Repeat!! :0

I've got a Meerschaum comin' in about two weeks. I'll let y'all know when it arrives.

Floyd T. :sign:

I'd be a little worried if I just packed my Meersham with tobacco and let it rip. Why you may ask..Because the bowl is a little sensitive to heat at first. Get it to hot and the next thing you know the pipe is sporting a nice crack or busted. I figure its better to take the precaution in breaking one in like I would a briar pipe. Let the pipe get used to the heat. Better safe than sorry. Just my 2 cents tho.

I noticed the Meersham cools down really fast after a bowl so I have smoked the same pipe several times in one day which I wouldnt have done with my briars. Just something to mull over between bowls.

Mr. Peat,

Just out of curiousity, did the pipe come with any instructions? I'll let ya know when I get mine from the Meerschaum Store. I do agree with the better safe than sorry approach (unless it's a pipe ya only gave $5.00 for and didn't care about)

SKYDIVNEKD said:
Mr. Peat,

Just out of curiousity, did the pipe come with any instructions? I'll let ya know when I get mine from the Meerschaum Store. I do agree with the better safe than sorry approach (unless it's a pipe ya only gave $5.00 for and didn't care about)

[snapback]298140[/snapback]​

No instructions...Like I said...I take the side of caution and take my time with a new bowl whether its Meersham or a Briarwood. Why rush a good thing? :laugh:

I hear ya! If I can find a pic of mine, I'll post it.

Cool....Thinking of heading to KC since I have a hole in my wallet that needs to be spent. :D So if all goes well i will make it there and back again in one piece. :laugh: So maybe you will find it before I get back.

lg_AN012_1.jpg

This pic is similar to a pipe I have coming. The claw in the front isn't on the one I'm getting.

In case you're wondering (or even care), I have two bulldogs as pets and ama Marine Corps Vet. I like 'em!!! :thumbs:

SKYDIVNEKD said:
lg_AN012_1.jpg

This pic is similar to a pipe I have coming. The claw in the front isn't on the one I'm getting.

In case you're wondering (or even care), I have two bulldogs as pets and ama Marine Corps Vet. I like 'em!!! :thumbs:

[snapback]298161[/snapback]​

Nice looking pipe. I just added a new baby to my collection. A Eric Nording Signature pipe that is unvarnish. Its going to look pretty once its broke in. I have some pictures to take so i wont smoke it till I do. But I cant wait to take the first bowl of this magnificant pipe.

That one is almost identical to the Nording I have!!! TFF!!! :thumbs: If you take a dab of vegitable oil and wipe it on the outside of the pipe, it brings out the grain superbly!!! And it doesn't mess with the signature.

Or, you can let the oils on your hand bring the grain out over time. Either way, it's a sharp pipe!

I'm going to let it happen naturally. It is a nice pipe but havent smoked it yet. But I should tomorrow. :)

Hi, Mr Peat! Yes, this is a very nice bulldog pipe. I recently ordered two additional Topkapi Meerschaum Pipes to add to my collection. To see a photo of the Topkapi style pipe, along with other photos and other interesting Meerschaum information, please visit http://www.kultur.gov.tr/portal/default_en.asp?belgeno=1599. Congratulations on obtaining your new Meerschaum Pipes, Mr Peat! Regards, knightlaird

this is a little off topic, what would be the proper time to wait in between smokes on a Briar. i got mine for $13 at a little head shop and it seams to be nice. ive read up on how to let the cake builed up. and how to get an even coating of cake on the intire pipe. but i havent found any reading on time between smokes or any thing related to that. any info would be apreciated.

YoungSmoke

General wisdom (HAH!) suggests 24 hours between smokes. Another POV is just wait until it cools down to room temperature and appears dry. Another says you can use the same pipe all day but then it needs to rest for at least a week (thus the idea of a minimum of 7 pipes).

We won't even get into the thinking that particular pipes need to be "dedicated" to specific blends, i.e. 1 pipe, 1 blend. I DO subscribe to the "pipes for aromatics, pipes for English blends" belief; they don't play well together.

Basically, resting a pipe between smokes is a good idea. I do know of one guy who smoked the same pipe, once a day, day in and day out, for 2 years and said he never had a problem with it.

YMMV. Happy puffing! :)

Thank you very much for the info.
im new but i still want the best quality smoke i can get. and i dont want to kill my first pipe with in the first month. :)

thank you very much

YoungSmoke

Since i have 5 pipes, i can rotate them pretty easy. But when I had just the 2...I would smoke one and then smoke the other. I usually let them set a week since I smoke both aromatic and the rest. Now that the 5 are here...I dedicated my Nording pipe to 1 blend only. Da Vinci...I also turned one of my older Peterson pipes for a blend called Night Cap by Dunhill. That pipe tobacco doesnt play well with any other blend that I can tell. :laugh:

I havent figured what will be for the bigger Peterson pipe I have. The last 2 Meersham's will be for anything. :thumbs:

I dont see a problem with smoking the same pipe every day for 1 bowl of the same tobacco in it. Now if you started using the same bowl and rotating the tobacco every day, ya gonna have problems from my experience unless the blends are really damn close.

so far i have only smoked 3 differnt types if tobacco. the very first type i smoked is a brand called prince albert that i didnt take to right away. but recently i have been smoking some aromatics, butter rum and black cavindish wich i realy enjoy. cant wait to get some more pipes in my collection though. im still in the process of trying out all the different types of tobacco, would you guys sugest just going out and geting a throw away pipe to try them all out in? and im still looking for a site that has free sample packs if you can help me out any.

thank you again.

Young Smoke