• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Opus x called Love Story

55 boxes of 5 where sold on CF...to the first 55 who responded at noon (I forget the date).

There was also one in given in a sampler pack for the CFCF Karate team.

They are a very nice looking smoke!

CF has been going nuts over these for quite a while. I know the Fuentes aren't all that revealing with new smokes, but is this a different blend? They seem to me to be a great charity fund raising engine, but are they any different in taste, as compared to any other Opus?

They are great smokes. I have a few. They are the size of an WOAM but have a great punch to them. Very strong flavor.

Now that is a sexy cigar. I don't go nuts over Opus usually, but I would love to get my hands on one of those when they become available.

Not many Opus that I have fallen in love with...could this be the one? :love: :laugh:

Brian

Being a self proclaimed Opus whore, I have to say this is not there top product IMHO.

Jim

CF has been going nuts over these for quite a while. I know the Fuentes aren't all that revealing with new smokes, but is this a different blend? They seem to me to be a great charity fund raising engine, but are they any different in taste, as compared to any other Opus?

Apparently, yes, it is a different blend. Here's a picture:

opus_x_love_story.jpg

Those of you who've wanted a perfecto production Opus X cigar, here it is. It appears to be similar to the Non Plus Ultra cigar, but the head seems to taper more quickly... so perhaps it is a sort of perfecto variant of the Opus X Power Ranger.

Saw it at the trade show and had a nice chuckle. I regained my composusre and got a picture with Carlos instead.

I'm curious what the price is on these? If they fall into the category of "damn near impossible to find" like the BBMF's and such, I would imagine they are what, $30 - $50? If that be the case... :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

mac

I think they ended up running about $65 a pop at casa but I don't know if they were sold outside of the five pack box. Put a maduro wrapper on it and I will chase them down...

I won't be chasing it.

X2. If I came across one, I'd smoke it, see what I thought. ALthough, I am an Opus-friendly kind of fella, it DOES get old, the amount of insane HTFs the Fuentes keep pumping our bank accounts for... Sheesh.

So it's a perfecto Opus...I'll stick to my petite lanceros and anything Forbidden and from Opus 22 sets thank you...

I won't be chasing it.

X2. If I came across one, I'd smoke it, see what I thought. ALthough, I am an Opus-friendly kind of fella, it DOES get old, the amount of insane HTFs the Fuentes keep pumping our bank accounts for... Sheesh.

So it's a perfecto Opus...I'll stick to my petite lanceros and anything Forbidden and from Opus 22 sets thank you...

It's taken me 4 years to finally decide not to chase these or pay ungodly amounts for HTFs anymore. Hell, for $65 I can buy a nice pipe and several tins of tobacco, which will last me much much longer then one cigar.

Damn, I'm getting old and frugal, LOL. Where is Bob when you need that frugal old fart.

:sign:

I think they ended up running about $65 a pop at casa but I don't know if they were sold outside of the five pack box. Put a maduro wrapper on it and I will chase them down...

The article above states:
Suggested retail will be about $14 per stick.
But I doubt we will ever see that...

I gotta agree with bfreebern here. While I love Opus, it's just annoying trying to find some, even the "regular" released sizes. Last year the local Tinderbox closed down and the other B&M in town does not sell their Opus. The owner keeps it for himself. The only time I've ever seen it sold was Opus A's for $65 a pop.

I can't wait for them to come out with the Opus X Kool-Aid.....that would be Irony :thumbs:

I'm told the ones at Casa are "Non Plus Ultras" and are in fact a different blend than the Love Story cigars. For what it's worth...