• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Opus

Is the lost city opus harvest grown from the same seed as the regular opus? in other words are these a different blend?

Man, my wallet is going to hate me...

Thanks for the read! Are the Opus in the first link part of the next batch of 22 boxes? Or are they going to be available individually? :)

THe first link should have been the Opus22 from this year.

Those Lost City bands look sweet.

Guys, these are smoking pretty good fresh. Like most of the Opus they seem to be a little wet and I think with a couple of months down time they will be excellent.

Guys, these are smoking pretty good fresh. Like most of the Opus they seem to be a little wet and I think with a couple of months down time they will be excellent.

??? Which ones do you have Brandon? The 09' Opus 22, or the Opus Lost City? I'm pretty sure I'll be dropping some cash on Opus X TLC... :thumbs:

??? Which ones do you have Brandon? The 09' Opus 22, or the Opus Lost City? I'm pretty sure I'll be dropping some cash on Opus X TLC... :thumbs:

I guess you'll just have to wait till the spring to see. :p

Also I plan on doing a full pictorial review once I get my new 23 Megapixel SLR next week, so stay tuned...

Lost City

Also it appears that the CF 22 set is back down to a $750 donation

Sorry for the bump, I meant to edit :blush:

Damn, I just told myself I'd save up some money but those Lost City Double Robustos do look tasty.

Is the lost city opus harvest grown from the same seed as the regular opus? in other words are these a different blend?

Same seed, yes... but normally Opus X cigars are blended from tobacco from many different years to make up the blend. As such it's quite possible these cigars will be... "similar but different". I wouldn't expect a radical taste profile change, though.

The interesting thing is that these are the only Opus I'm aware of that would effectively be "vintage" in that all of the tobacco in them is from the same year/crop. Similar to vintage wine, rather than the "cuvée" that normally makes up Opus X cigar blends.

Doesn't mean they'll necessarily be any better, though. Probably just a little different.

Looks like Andy found out 3 days ago...he must have some by now. ;)

Same seed, yes... but normally Opus X cigars are blended from tobacco from many different years to make up the blend. As such it's quite possible these cigars will be... "similar but different". I wouldn't expect a radical taste profile change, though.

The interesting thing is that these are the only Opus I'm aware of that would effectively be "vintage" in that all of the tobacco in them is from the same year/crop. Similar to vintage wine, rather than the "cuvée" that normally makes up Opus X cigar blends.

Doesn't mean they'll necessarily be any better, though. Probably just a little different.

Thanks Moki! I look forward to seeing some reviews comparing the flavor profiles. Now to find out where to get them!

Thanks,

Brian

As for my stand on them, I can't wait for them to hit the market. Alas more Opus add to the humi. :thumbs:

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Lancero and the Love Affair are not made exclusively with the 2004 tobacco. According to Prometheus, Carlito released these as a tribute to Andy Garcia. All other sizes (anything with a black Opus band) are from the 2004 crop. Also, we will probably be be selling individual Love Affair and New Perfecto OpusX singles once we get the humidors in the shop. I'll make sure to post something in the Retailers Room.

Eric

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Lancero and the Love Affair are not made exclusively with the 2004 tobacco. According to Prometheus, Carlito released these as a tribute to Andy Garcia. All other sizes (anything with a black Opus band) are from the 2004 crop. Also, we will probably be be selling individual Love Affair and New Perfecto OpusX singles once we get the humidors in the shop. I'll make sure to post something in the Retailers Room.

Eric

New Perfecto Opus X?