• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Orleans recommendations?

There is a cigar shop/factory in the French Quarter near the House of Blues, if they are still there it has been 2 years. You can watch them roll some and buy out of their walkin humidor. I purchased a sampler pack then and really enjoyed them. When are you going?

It's called the Cigar Factory and is still there. New Orleans is smoker friendly, I was able to smoke in the hotel lobby, bar and pool area.

If you can you must eat at Jacques-Imo Cafe on Oak Street, near Loyola take the trolley it adds to the experience.

DO not pass up eating at Commander's Palace, in the garden district. As far as smoking, pretty much anywhere allows smoking. The Cigar Factory has numerous locations throughout the city and there are shops left and right. One of the better selections in the quarter is at the voodoo shop. I can't remember the exact name, but it's across from Pat O'Briens.

I was there a few years back, had a great time. Some of the best food I ever tasted! Try the Jumbalaya (with aligator). The little hole in the wall places are the best!

One of the better p[laces to grab a quick bowl of gumbo is the Seaport, right on Bourbon St. It's usually our first stop, even before we get to our hotel.

Last time I went I stayed at the Bourbon/Orleans hotel. Nice place, right in the middle of all the action. Gotta try all the food, you'll love it.

There are several places in the French Quarter that roll on premises. I was passed a Tre Hermanos Torpedo Maduro by a nice BOTL here last year and it was quite enjoyable. From what I have heard/read most of the cigars rolled there are overly mild but the Tre Hermanos had enough flavor to keep me interested.

I real cajun food and Nawlins has plenty of it. Last time I was there I was soo full of Gumbo my wife had to roll me to the car.

-Matt-

Coop's !!!!!

A fine whole in the wall resteraunt. Great food. Not exactly hygenic atmosphere. :cool:

robustobob said:
Any recommendations for a cigar lounge or store in New Orleans?
[snapback]158668[/snapback]​

New Orleans is a regular destination for me on my locus of business travel. I was just there last Tue-Thu.

As mentioned above, the Cigar Factory is a good spot to buy N/C cigars. There are two locations in the French Qtr: [1] small store on Bourbon Street, and [2] the larger store on Decatur. The Decatur store has a sitting area, and there are always rollers on duty at the larger store. I've been there a few times, but rarely go now, as I tend to travel with my own sticks.

If you would like a little more upscale setting and dinner/drinks, I would recommend you try The Bombay Club. This is a very cigar friendly restaurant/bar. It also focuses on late dining. If you are alone, you can dine at the bar, and easily strike up a conversation with the visiting clientele. It is also a babe hangout later in the evenings, and later in the week. Try Thu nights.

For very posh and snooty type atmosphere, try the bar at the Windsor Court hotel. It is very cigar friendly.

For great local music, I suggest you ignore the French Qtr and visit Fabourg Marigny. Just walk up Decatur and it will change names to Frenchmen Street once you leave the Qtr. Try Snug Harbor. You can eat cheap food in here and smoke cigarrettes [no cigars]. I would recommend you catch Charmaine Neville's show on a Mon night, or Ellis Marsalis' show on a Fri night. I think Charmaine has the best show in town.

4A