• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Panacea Blend

Splandman

I have been ordering cigars from Flatbed Cigars online for a while. I've always liked them and have also been impressed with how quickly they ship and the freebies he throws in from time to time. Anyway, on my last order just before the holidays, he sent me a new blend with a white band and asked me to send him my thoughts. I really enjoyed the cigar and was curious if anyone here had smoked one and what they thought.

Two out of your three previous posts were from your into thread back in November. It made me curious, are you affiliated with Flatbed Cigars?

I have never tried them, but I do support small business, and their site has that down home feel. I also noticed a link to Cigar Pass on the bottom of some of their pages, so they can't be all bad.

Anyway, I'm curious. How about a deeper review of the vender and their products...if you're not an affiliate?

Being from PA I really wanted to like these cigars.

I ordered some of the red label and found them to be really one dimensional and boring.

I know Rod loves them so they can't be all that bad, but so far I'm not impressed with the tobacco used. The quality of the roll was excellent however.

*edit* I haven't given up on them, its just pretty hard to get them shipped over to Germany. I was thinking the green label might be more my speed.

This this the same company that sends mass email out without linking a way to "unsubscribe"?

Being from PA I really wanted to like these cigars.

I ordered some of the red label and found them to be really one dimensional and boring.

I know Rod loves them so they can't be all that bad, but so far I'm not impressed with the tobacco used. The quality of the roll was excellent however.

*edit* I haven't given up on them, its just pretty hard to get them shipped over to Germany. I was thinking the green label might be more my speed.

I've tried all their lines, and I think the Black is by far the best blend.

Two out of your three previous posts were from your into thread back in November. It made me curious, are you affiliated with Flatbed Cigars?

I have never tried them, but I do support small business, and their site has that down home feel. I also noticed a link to Cigar Pass on the bottom of some of their pages, so they can't be all bad.

Anyway, I'm curious. How about a deeper review of the vender and their products...if you're not an affiliate?

No Sir, I am not affiliated in any way other than being a customer. I don't post much because I really don't think I have the palate or can describe all the nuances like I see others do in their reviews. Actually, every time you order something from Flatbed you get a follow up email asking you to go to their site and review the product, they then give you a discount on future orders. I have never reviewed my purchases for them either for the same reasons I stated above.

I came across the company because I play a lot of online poker (which can be quite boring) so I look around the net at things that interest me. I came across a video of Smoking Hot Cigar Chick reviewing the Panacea Red and decided to give them a try. When I first started ordering them in April, about 5 or 6 months after I started smoking cigars, the Black label Maduro Perfecto was my favorite one of their cigars. The more I smoked I gravitated towards the Red Label (stronger) in either the Torpedo or Robusto. I like a ton of smoke and for some reason didn't feel i was getting as much out of the perfecto.

I've ordered 6 or 7 times from them now and I have to say the Green Label is a cigar I crave now. I also think that the wrapper on that cigar is as good looking as some I've bought that cost much more. I took some pictures of the new White Label he sent me. As soon as I'm able to figure out how I will post them here.

I've tried all their lines, and I think the Black is by far the best blend.

I have not had the Green or the White but I have had lots of the Red and the Black. I have to agree that to my tastes the Black Label (original blend) is the best. In fact it was good enough for me to buy a box of the toros...which is now very close to empty.

As far as the retailer, Flatbed is about as small as its website suggests. Paul Bush, the owner, has been great at personally communicating with me. He may have expanded his operation by now but he started the whole company from the ground up. I have absolutely NO affiliation with Flatbed or any other cigar company but I admire Paul's dedication to making cigars, his personal role in every aspect of the company and for his presentation of good solid cigars. I will buy more Panacea cigars...and likely I will buy them soon. I guess I need to check out the Green Label...and the White Label if that line gets up and running.

Here are the pics. They aren't too great because I took them with my phone. It was a good looking cigar and burned perfectly with no touch-ups.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7519/panaceawhite.jpg[/img]

Never mind. Can't upload pics

Best I could do was the link above. Tried Photobucket and Imageshack, and tried every code they offered.

With photobucket, all you have to do is mouse-over the uploaded image in an album, point at the bottom box that says "IMG code" and click on the text in the box. It will automatically copy to the clipboard. Paste that to your message..... done.

I am from PA as well and saw the Super Fine Cigar Chick review the red label. Tried it but I too thought it was very one dimensional and lack luster. I will give the black and white a try because It just feels right supporting a comapny from my home state.