• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Perdomo Grand Cru

andy1

Had a couple this evening. Damn good smokes. Of course, I am a Perdomo whore.

More power to you Bro. I, personally, have yet to find a Perdomo worth putting in my humi.

Had a couple this evening. Damn good smokes. Of course, I am a Perdomo whore.

Thanks for the heads up on this one. I personally have liked all the Perdomos that I've tried. I'll put it on the list for future purchases.

I'm going to have to side with Jonesy on this one. The ones I have had just tasted like burnt leaves.

I have to say for the most part I agree with Jonesy on most of the Perdomo line. I smoked a couple of the Grand CRU last week (maduro and corojo) and they were ok, not good enough to buy a box. But. I did get a box of the Perdomo 2 maduros and for the money they are not bad for less than $4 each (price included a 10 box sampler).

Ken

I have enjoyed most of the Perdomos I have tried, I will give this one a shot as well. Thanks for the heads up.

Perdomo...

hmmmm.

One of the FOGs introduced me to the 'R' Maduro quite a while back and I have to say I really like them. I've also heard from more than one person here that I respect that the Lot 23 are really good, but haven't had one to try.

Other than that all the other Perdomo cigars I've had sucked dead donkey.

It does look like the company is making an effort to make stronger and better cigars, so I might have to start revisiting the line.

Perdomo...

hmmmm.

One of the FOGs introduced me to the 'R' Maduro quite a while back and I have to say I really like them. I've also heard from more than one person here that I respect that the Lot 23 are really good, but haven't had one to try.

Other than that all the other Perdomo cigars I've had sucked dead donkey.

It does look like the company is making an effort to make stronger and better cigars, so I might have to start revisiting the line.

What does a dead donkey smoke like? hahaha jk never heard that one before.

A few years ago I stayed far away from all Perdomo lines because I found major construction issues......but the past year the construction has been fine. I LOVE the esv lines - both nat and maduro are top shelf for me. And an underdog for me is the Perdomo house brand for Famous -- the 70th annis....a nicaraguan puro with a tangy corojo wrapper.....I just love them. Can't get enough of them.

The great thing is that there are so many cigars to go around.......so smoke what ya like! Plenty of other brands out there to keep everyone happy.

I find a lot of Perdomo stuff just ok.....but the ESV's and Famous 70th annis are my go-to smokes right now.

What about their Genuine Counterfeit Cubans? :D

I LOVE those. Corny name, yes, but my are they a good smoke. At least to me. I recommend them, plus you can get a 5er in various sizes for around $12 shipped from Mike's Cigars. Pretty good cheapie if you ask me.

I have to say for the most part I agree with Jonesy on most of the Perdomo line. I smoked a couple of the Grand CRU last week (maduro and corojo) and they were ok, not good enough to buy a box. But. I did get a box of the Perdomo 2 maduros and for the money they are not bad for less than $4 each (price included a 10 box sampler).

Ken

If you like the perdomo 2, try these perdomo mistakes, I always keep a bundle on hand, on cbid, the buy now price runs $42.50, but I'm a cheap ass, and with some waiting, I've always got them for $40

I LOVE those. Corny name, yes, but my are they a good smoke. At least to me. I recommend them, plus you can get a 5er in various sizes for around $12 shipped from Mike's Cigars. Pretty good cheapie if you ask me.

I also enjoy the cigars. The marketing is the sort of tongue in cheek approach that I really enjoy.

Good stuff... and cheap.

I've heard from numerous folks that construction was an issue in the past. It seems that those issues have improved, leading to some nice smokes.

Haven't tried em in several years. They used to have construction issues, but being that Perdomo has fixed those issues with other lines, I have no doubt they smoke fine now. Might have to give them another try.

Following the GCC's (which were a brainchild of Lew Rothman of JR Cigars), Perdomo came out with the "pre-embargo gcc's (also tongue-in-cheek). JR sold a few test-run cigars of these and they were off the charts awesome. These come in boxes of 50, and JR originally sold them for ~$90 a box. Got a first run box of belis, and they were absolutely fantastic. They have since changed the band, and imho toned down the blend. Not the same cigar, which is too bad - cuz the originals were some of my all-time favorites.

Perdomo came out with the "pre-embargo gcc's (also tongue-in-cheek). Got a first run box of belis, and they were absolutely fantastic. They have since changed the band, and imho toned down the blend. Not the same cigar, which is too bad - cuz the originals were some of my all-time favorites.

When did you notice change in the cigar? I haven't smoked one of these since about '06. Has it been since then? I forgot all about them and recently stumbled across them for a good price online. I remember liking them alot! The pre-embargo gcc's are what I'm familar with, haven't had the other 'counterfeit cubans'.

Perdomo came out with the "pre-embargo gcc's (also tongue-in-cheek). Got a first run box of belis, and they were absolutely fantastic. They have since changed the band, and imho toned down the blend. Not the same cigar, which is too bad - cuz the originals were some of my all-time favorites.

When did you notice change in the cigar? I haven't smoked one of these since about '06. Has it been since then? I forgot all about them and recently stumbled across them for a good price online. I remember liking them alot! The pre-embargo gcc's are what I'm familar with, haven't had the other 'counterfeit cubans'.

Jeff, the original pre-embargo gcc's came out circa 2001. I was fortunate to score a box of belis and they were outstanding. The second box I bought was ~ 2003. Not nearly as good, imho. That is the last I tried them. Perdomo has greatly increased their quality control, so it may be that by 2006 they were good again. I might have to give those another try as well.