• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New pipe smoker

pennjones

I've only been on cigarpass for a short time now, but I've been reading the "pipe room" board for a few days now, and I am gonna go out and get a corn cob tomorrow and try this. It looks like so much fun and pipe smoke has always smelled so good to me. Hopefully I'll be able to make it up to Boswell and get a "real" pipe sometime soon (I'm only about 3 hours away).

Thanks for all the info on this board! Hope to see you around here more often!

Thanks for the welcome!

Sooooooooooooooooooo today I went to the local B&M and picked up a bent corn cob, a cheap tamper, and 1 ounce of each of "Epiphany" and "Irish (something or other)". They were both "fresh" tobacco out of jars. The Epiphany is a Burley and the Irish is an aromatic. I just smoked my first bowl of Epiphany and it was good. I just don't think I have the hang of it yet. Oh well, guess I'll just have to keep trying!

-Brad

keep trying, pipe smoking is something that takes lots of practice. Eventually you will get it down to a science. Good luck, and if you have questions, don't be afraid to ask.

keep trying, pipe smoking is something that takes lots of practice. Eventually you will get it down to a science. Good luck, and if you have questions, don't be afraid to ask.

I fully agree, it can be a bit frustrating until you figure out the little details... it makes it a lot easier if you can smoke with a few experienced pipesters. Enjoy!

Don't discount those cobs... They are excellent smokers (no ghosting, no break-in period, and cheapo).

Oh I'm not discounting it. I enjoy my pipe on occasion and really like it! It's just been too cold to smoke anything lately.

I've got some chocolate cream from boswell if you would like it. I'll alco throw something else for ya, since your a pipe newb. just send your address

A great starter tobacco IMO is smokers pride Vanilla Cavendish, or the Black Cavendish. GREAT room smell, very aromatic and also very cheap, but keep in mind, most aromatics smell great but may not taste great. But I LOVE them both to death, also recommend keeping a corn cob pipe handy for the aromatics as it can tend to gunk up your pipe, at least it does for me