• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New pipe

Woo

Hey guys,

My mate came back from Bambodia recently and saw a little pipe there and bought it. I have no idea what's it's made from (other than a wood of some kind), and I'd assume it's farly cheap in terms of quality but that's beside the point.

I'd like to have a smoke of it, and see what it's like.

What should I do to "break it in"?

General wisdom(?) says to only load a new pipe about halfway for the first few bowls, then gradually fill it in the usual way. Here's a page with a wealth of information.

I have a feeling the pipe is no good... it's quite a small bowl, but it seems to have a large draw hole, and I got a few bits of tobacco in my mouth. It's hard to explain. Will have to get some pics shortly for you guys.

I found an interesting thing about honey/water mix... which seems interesting. Might give it a shot.

Yeah, half-bowls are in my opinion the best way to break it in...
One needs a bit of cake in the heel before using it normally. I made the mistake of simply loading and smoking a Dr. Grabow Riviera and not only did I cause the varnish to blister, I caused the bottom of it to char too much and I think I may have permanently ruined it.

Good luck with your experiment.