• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Skill Acquired

golfgar

Bueller.... Bueller...... Anyone....... Anyone?
539E38DA-B56D-4127-880A-43F559C0B811.jpeg

I find myself sitting on the deck having afore pictured JL and a cold Barley Malted beverage during the intermission of the wedding a friend of ours daughter. Wedding ceremony at 2:00, reception at 6:00.

Reflecting on the week I realize I’ve gained a new skill. On Tuesday my middle daughter called in a panic as she locked herself out of the condo we bought for her and our oldest. When they moved in last weekend I replaced the old lock with a new keypad/Bluetooth/WiFi lock on the deadbolt. Bottom lock was an old key lock not a deadbolt. I told them not to lock it unless they made sure they were inside and I would get them a matching second lock and put it in this weekend.

Well as you might imagine the middle daughter did just that and all the keys were inside the condo. Frantic panic call. So I left the office and watched a video about drilling out a lock in the heavy rush hour traffic (only while stopped at stop lights by the way) and proceeded home to get my box of tools to open the lock. She was panicking because she had to be at some exercise class and didn’t have the right shoes oh my what could be worse lol.

I collected all the tools went to the car though it’s only about 5 miles away and proceeded to drill the lock out. We open the door and got in. That was my new skill for the week was learning how to drill a lock out to gain entrance. Not really all that difficult by the way.

So today I went over to the condo with a brand new lock to match the upper lock still a keylock not an electronic lock and installed it. Very easy. Then I proceeded to close the door from the outside and check the functionality only to realize I too had locked the door with the keys for the new lock with the keys inside. Gulp. Sh!t.

The older daughter was at exercise class so I told her what a dumbass thing I had just done. She told me she had left her bedroom open (about 10 feet off the ground) and rather than drill it out she was going to try and climb in. So I went back home, put the tool box and an 8 ft ladder in the car and back. Damn if she didn’t get the screen out and crawl in! It all ended ok, but I still feel like a dumbass.

This was an amazing read. Side note, would you like to make 10 million dollars in one day? I already have the driver.

This was an amazing read. Side note, would you like to make 10 million dollars in one day? I already have the driver.

These were my Thoughts when reading the post, as well. 🤣 Count me in -- I can be "the distraction" as I trip and fall over, resulting in security and bystanders diverting their eyeballs and attention my way to see if I'm alright.

Larry is on the older side guys, not sure how quick he is with a drill or carrying an 8 ft ladder around 🤣

I'm only 39 which on the boards I think is considered "younger". I can help carry things out of the vault.