• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Taboada Thread

This might draw some fire, but I'm interested.

How is this thread NOT discussing a vendor?

Instead of flaming the bejazuz out of the next newbie asking where he can buy Cuban cigars, should we send him a link to this thread?

It's discussing a 'man' and his smokes.

You could get these from other sources as long as you know that the 'man' was there to roll the smokes.

Did you PM the thread originator before posting? What was his reply?

What happened to all the interest for 5ers? I just barely sold one bundle in the buy/sell/trade section. I sure am glad that I did not buy a bunch of these things up front! When I 1st opened this thread my PM inbox got 35% full with PMs of interest. I actually offer up a group buy on a bundle and I only hear from 3 people. No more offers will be given.

After the thread started, you also offered for people to buy on there own - that may be what happened!

Your generous offer and assitance are very, very appreciated!!!

Thank you!

Guys,

I have had someone call into question the authenticity of one of the Doble Piramides (aka "Super Rodolfo") cigars that came from this batch ATuck brought back.

Anyone who was in on this group buy, your thoughts of the authenticity? For the record, I believe that the cigars are real, but if anything is amiss, that ATuck certainly had no knowledge.

I just want to get input from folks who purchased these cigars.

How did they compare to other Taboadas you've had?

What color was the wrapper (dark/light)?

Did any of the cigars have a box press to them?

I have had Taboadas with varying color wrappers, and with mixed results in terms of the taste. I believe that is due to the fact that Señor Taboada has to work with whatever tobacco he happens to be given at any particular event.

Still, any input would be welcome.

Guys,

I have had someone call into question the authenticity of one of the Doble Piramides (aka "Super Rodolfo") cigars that came from this batch ATuck brought back.

Anyone who was in on this group buy, your thoughts of the authenticity? For the record, I believe that the cigars are real, but if anything is amiss, that ATuck certainly had no knowledge.

I just want to get input from folks who purchased these cigars.

How did they compare to other Taboadas you've had?

What color was the wrapper (dark/light)?

Did any of the cigars have a box press to them?

I have had Taboadas with varying color wrappers, and with mixed results in terms of the taste. I believe that is due to the fact that Señor Taboada has to work with whatever tobacco he happens to be given at any particular event.

Still, any input would be welcome.

Andrew... If I remember correctly, Señor Taboada ran out of his corrojo wrapper that summer (due to all the orders that summer) and ended up using a different wrapper before he finished fulfilling his orders. I had 4 different shapes and two have similar "EL-dark" wrappers and two have significantly lighter colorado-colored wrappers. Another thing... I checked some of my sticks and some do feel significantly lighter (as in under-filled) than the ones I bought at the beginning of Señor Taboada's stay. I was lucky to get one of the very first bundles he rolled and the wrappers are super-rich corojo and the sticks are very tight and dense. Contrast that to the ones I received towards the end of his visit and some of those clearly show me that he was probably stretching his good tobacco to "make it work." I smoked a couple of the under-filled samples and the burn was flawless and the cigar never got hot. Contrast to the Sublime I smoked that he handed me off the table... both great cigars fresh. Let's see how a bunch of years of age helps them.

I actually have not even smoked one of the Super Rodolfos since I was in TJ. I was w/ Seadub. Ask him how he liked his! :laugh: I have all of my Toboadas from '05 & '06 in 2 desktop humidors. All of them vary in shade of color from some degree, but they all look to be about the same. I have my Super Rodolfos on top of some of the '05 torpedo shaped cigars by Taboada (can't really remember what they were called exactly). I remember checking the '06 SR's when I got them and they looked authentic to me and still do as I look at all the Taboadas I have. I remember the cigar being very tasty but very potent. I would seriously doubt that any of the cigars that came from me were not authentic. But that is not saying that somebody else could have got some fakes if they bought them directly. I would doubt this, but we are talking about TJ. Since all of us got our cigars through FedEx, none of us can say that we saw Taboada actually roll the cigars that we got. But since my '05 Taboadas came directly from his hands at the rolling table I know they were rolled by him and all of my '06 Taboadas look to be rolled in exactly the same way. I only bought a few in '06, nothing like '05.

I am just now starting to enjoy the '05 Taboadas and do not even want to attempt to smoke any of the '06's I have. Taboadas, as I have learned, are an either smoke it now, or age it type of cigar.

I would say that anybody that got a 5er from me and thinks it's fake should contact me. I would like to know the specifics behind the question of authenticity. I only sold 3 5ers in '06.

Thanks for the background info, ATuck & Seadub, I appreciate it.

Has anyone lit one of these up recently? I have a couple of doble robustos sitting (the wife would not sign off on a home equity loan for a full box). I'm getting impatient and they smell devine. I have a very special occassion coming up in April and was thinking of using this smoke to celebrate.

Has anyone lit one of these up recently? I have a couple of doble robustos sitting (the wife would not sign off on a home equity loan for a full box). I'm getting impatient and they smell devine. I have a very special occassion coming up in April and was thinking of using this smoke to celebrate.

Oh...look who's on the roost again!

:laugh:

I had one a few months ago...it was better last summer...but not like the freshies!

You'll prolly enjoy it.

I had one a few months ago...it was better last summer...but not like the freshies!

You'll prolly enjoy it.

Thanks Gary. Freshies! Stupid me couldn't bring myself to light one. Would you let these sit in favor of a Cohiba Sublime?

You'll prolly enjoy it.

Thanks Gary. Freshies! Stupid me couldn't bring myself to light one. Would you let these sit in favor of a Cohiba Sublime?

Ummmmm....YES!

But then again, just smoke both! :D