• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Tatuaje "wolfman" halloween LE

Here are the details from Tatuaje's Facebook page:
Monster List....
Here is the Unlucky 13 list for 2011. These 13 retailers will receive 31 Coffin (13 count) boxes and 13 plain (10 count) boxes on or before October 13, 2011. All remaining Tatuaje retailers that place an order will be receiving (10 count) plain boxes before Halloween.
Havana Connections
Richmond, VA
804-364-5711
Casa de Montecristo
Countryside, IL
708-352-6668
Rain City Cigars
Seattle, WA
206-767-3619
Castro's Back Room
Nashua, NH
603-881-7703
Belle Meade Premium Cigars
Nashville, TN
615-297-7963
Holt's Cigar Company
Philadelphia, PA
215-732-8500
Tinder Box #208
Charlotte, NC
704-366-5164
Monte's Pueblo Pipe Shop
Albuquerque,NM
505-881-7999
Pheasant Cigars
Las Vegas, NV
702-368-1700
Ruben's Smoke Stack
Hackensack, NJ
201-498-0332
Just For Him
Springfield, MO
417-886-8380
Good Karma Cigar
Amarillo, TX
806-373-8116
Gloucester Street Cigars
Boston, MA
617-424-1000
Having been one of these "unlucky 13" in the past, my heart goes out to the above retailers.There's nothing like having 300 people call your store in a one or two day period looking to get at a box of these. The problem isn't the hundreds of phone calls, I'll take that any day of the week the problem is not having a box to sell EVERY person that called. The limited edition is nice but having to say no to that many potential sales can be very frustrating for a retailer. The cigars are good don't get me wrong but the process can be maddening.

Since not much was mentioned about the process this year I have read the list late and not called yet...not any chance of a dress box so I will try and pick up a few. Not that upset about it as I would have been a few years ago. I am very excited to try, btu not going to freak over a dress box. Love this stuff though.

I wouldn't mind trying one of these, but it's just not worth the effort to me. When people try to hoard the boxes and then turn around and gouge the price, it just makes me look for another smoke that's less work to have.

My BM is on the list. I'll swing by and see if I can get my hands on some, but won't go nuts if I can't.

I remember when the Frank came out. One of our board Vendors was on the list "Lucky 13"....I called him ...placed an order and a week later had the box. Have not chased the Monster series since.....way to much effort. Plus the Frank was easily the best of the bunch.

The list was actually released last Friday around noon to those in the S&S club. Most 'Dress' boxes had been reserved or held on to, for local sales, by Monday. Most shops are either turning people away or placing their names on backup lists.

I went by Monties today in Alb and all of the wolfman smokes are already gone. I picked up a couple of Oktoberfest sticks instead. Im anxious awaiting the undercrown release next week.

Here are the details from Tatuaje's Facebook page:

Monster List....
Here is the Unlucky 13 list for 2011. These 13 retailers will receive 31 Coffin (13 count) boxes and 13 plain (10 count) boxes on or before October 13, 2011. All remaining Tatuaje retailers that place an order will be receiving (10 count) plain boxes before Halloween.

:0

wolfman.jpg

I've never had a Tatuaje before in my life, and all this talk is getting me very excited to try one. These wolfman look pretty nice, odds are i won't find and or get one, but i definitely need to try something from this brand ASAP!

One of them had a loose piece of cap so I went ahead and smoked it. Absolutely beautiful for the first 50%. Very easy draw with volumes of smoke. The flavor was earthy with a lot of pepper and a little floral note. It tightened up around the halfway mark, and the floral note dropped off. I'm planning on aging most of the others, think they'll become excellent with a little time to chill out in the humidor
wolfman-1.jpg

One of them had a loose piece of cap so I went ahead and smoked it.
Suuuure it did !! :laugh: Nice score. . . I have read some other reviews and they had said that it ranked 2nd
to the Frank. I can't wait !!

I never did get my hands on one of the franks but the guy at the store said this was his fav out of all the monsters. It really did have a loose piece! :whistling:

My local B$M was one of the lucky 13. He sold 31 boxes in a couple of hours. One box as far away as Alaska. He saved a box for his loyal customers. I was lucky enough to be one. I smoked one last night. I thought it was light for it's size and under filled The first half burned very quickly. The second half much slower. It's a good cigar, but not very complex. Not worth the price to me.
If you don't get to smoke one, you didn't miss much.

Doc

Sounds like it fits right in line with the rest of the Monsters. Okay smokes, but don't chase them.

Not a huge fan of either Pete or Tatuaje. I will admit they make a great overpriced, over-hyped cigar. The Steve Jobs of the industry. But, to each his own. He is doing great and making all kinds of coin, just won't be getting any of mine.

I have never had one of the LE Tats but I have liked the few regular lines that I have tried. My B&M was on the list so I grabbed a box of ten. I'll smoke one or two and I'll probably save a couple, but I think the rest will go to the BST forum. Can't really justify keeping the whole box at almost $14 a pop unless they are particularly good.