• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New to CC, which to try first

SPIVY

THE STIG
Hey,
I have very very limited experience to cubans, but I am always open to trying new ones. Which ones would you guys recommend me starting with from the ISOM? We just got a box of Bolivar Belicosos Finos for a friend so I will be be trying one of those.

Ed

BTW I am a fan of the Hemingways, Opus, Davidoff Perfectos, Padron...

The BBF is a fantastic smoke one of my favorites. Although it's not a beginners smoke so I hear. I'm not to sure on beginning ISOM maybe Juan Lopez is a good place to start, I'm sure others with more experience will chime in.

Any Bolivar.
Try some Cohiba. The maduros are great.
Trindad.

These tend to be my favorite's though. My rcommendations are biased.

Especially if you are a beginner to Habanos, I'd say any

(in parentheses are my favorite of each marca)

-H.Upmann's (Conn.1, Mag46, Sir Winny, Monarch)
-Saint Luis Rey's (Serie A, Double Corona)
-San Cristobal's (El Principe)
-Trinidad's (Reyes, Fundadore)
-Vegas Robaina's (Famosos, Don Alejandro)

I recommend these only because they tend to be more medium bodied, yet very rich (probably the best for a beginner)

Good luck experimenting!!!! :D :p

A few I've bought recently and liked...
H Upman Mag 46's
Monte #2's (Classic)
Cohiba Robusto and Singlo IV's
El Rey Del Mundo Choix Supreme

The best ISOM advice I got was "smoke 'em all".

Can't go wrong with Cohiba if you can swing the prices.

I'm still fairly new to CC's but one of my first was an H. Upmann Epicure #2 and I loved it so much I got many, many more :)

Also Montecristo Edmundos are tasty. Just recently had my first Vegas Robaina Famosos... loved it.

And as already stated, any Bolivar will do and for that matter Partagas.

I wouldn't worry about strength, it doesn't sound like you're new to cigars in general seeing as how you already enjoy some of the stronger ones like Opus X.

Some of the most popular are popular for a reason, and a good place to start . . . my first CC's were, iirc, a PSD4 and an Epi #2. The latter, especially, is a wonderful introduction. Current fave is the RyJ Short Churchill, another solid choice and not too spendy.

~Boar

Try them all. Cigars are cigars, there are some that you might like, some you don't and others that are just disgusting. The forbidden fruit is no exception.

RyJ Short Churchills are very tasty Yum or the VR Famosos
Both have Great flavours and in my opinion thats what smoking is all about :thumbs:

Spivy,
Since you are not opposed to strength I would say one of my staples PSD4, Boli pc, PSD3 el. If you are looking for creamy the San Cristobal ep, Monte petit tubos, Trinidad Fundadores. I would start there and work up...well i dont know how far you can work your way up from there. Enjoy.

I think I will pick up some PSD4. H Upman Mag 46 or 50, Monte #2 and Cohiba Siglo III or IV. Soon I will be running out of room in my humidor and I will have to get a Cigarotemp i mean vinotemp

I'm in the same boat as you Spivy. I have never tried any CC and looking to start. I do have a PSD4 that was given to me with some age on it, going to have to break it out.

I'm in the same boat as SPIVY. I'm taking a trip to Montreal and I plan to have 2-3 CC's a day, for 3 days. Budget wise, estimating around $4-500. The PSD4 is the only one I'm set on getting. Other must haves for a first timer?

I went to the LCDH in Toronto and I bought 6 CC's for a tad over 150 US dollars, I can't see Montreal being that much more expensive. I'm pretty sure there is a LCDH in Montreal too, you'll have to let us know what you get.
I'm in the same boat as SPIVY. I'm taking a trip to Montreal and I plan to have 2-3 CC's a day, for 3 days. Budget wise, estimating around $4-500. The PSD4 is the only one I'm set on getting. Other must haves for a first timer?

Edit: First tries, really can't go wrong with a good Monte #2, that was my first "true" CC. I would also strongly recommend the Bolivar Belicoso Finos too, man I love that cigar!

this is all great information. The only Cubans I have smoked I think were fakes. I am going to look into some of these.

At the moment I'm smoking a Bolivar Corona Jr that I got from Darryl in my PIF wish. It's very good so far, might want to look into one of those. I have a #2 Tubo he sent me as well that he advised to let sit for a while so once that's ready I'll update this.

I went to the **** in ******** and I bought 6 **'s for a tad over 150 US dollars, I can't see ******* being that much more expensive. I'm pretty sure there is a **** in ******* too, you'll have to let us know what you get.
I'm in the same boat as SPIVY. I'm taking a trip to ****** and I plan to have 2-3 *** 's a day, for 3 days. Budget wise, estimating around $4-500. The PSD4 is the only one I'm set on getting. Other must haves for a first timer?

Edit: First tries, really can't go wrong with a good Monte #2, that was my first "true" CC. I would also strongly recommend the Bolivar Belicoso Finos too, man I love that cigar!

Not to douse water on the fire, but keep in mind the laws that Govern the country you live in. Yes, residents are obligated to follow the same rules as the citizens.