• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New to cigars, looking for advice/info

ejlovellette

I've only been smoking cigars for about a month, so far I have tried around 20 different types of cigars. Some were pretty good, some not so good. So far I think my favorite is the RyJ 1875 (I guess that is the original style?).

I don't really get the coffee/chocolate/vanilla/etc flavors that most people seem to say they taste, but do taste the 'woody' taste in some cigars. I don't mind the woody taste as long as it's not too strong. I have yet to find that one cigar that will be my 'go to' cigar. So, even though I am sure I have left something out, here is my question:

What type of cigar am I looking for that would have a predominately sweet flavor without the cigar makers actually adding any sweeteners to the tobacco?

I'm sure at some point I will give ACIDs a try, just for the hell of it, but for now I think I prefer the pure tobacco flavor. I figured it would finally be best to ask this question instead of going broke trying to look for that one cigar that I will really like.

Thanks in advance for any advice/info given :)

Eric

Hi Eric,

Try a Padron Londres Maduro. It's cheap, it's good, and you will love it. It has that milk coffee sweetness.

Best,

I&P

Maduro wrappers tend to be on the sweet side :) at least IMHO. Careful with the acids :) some are great and some taste like febreeze

Try a Dunhill...or La Fontana.
La Fontana's are GREAT beginner stogies. My wife started smoking with me and she found a lot of what we were trying to be too strong and at the suggestion of my local smoke shop we got a La Fontana and she loves them. They are very smooth and the wrapper leaves a nice taste on your lips with each draw (or at least until you are half way through). Another that I really like is the Padron 2000, I'm not sure if it even has a taste to it as I find it hard to distinguish but it certainly doesn't have a bad taste because I enjoy the entire smoke.

as stated before, Maduro's tend to have that sweetness to them, but so do a lot of other types of cigars. I really enjoyed the RyJ 1875 I smoked, and will definitely be buying more of them.

Just try a few different smokes and see what you like. Padron X000 series are all very good, and pretty affordable. There are also several Arturo Fuentes that are pretty affordable and very tasty!

good luck on your quest!

Quite a few of Arturo Fuene's blends have a distinct sweetness to them. This is often accompanied by a unique sharpish flavor that I don't really understand but its not bad.