• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New to cigars

brbowles8

I'm 27 and up until a couple of months ago I had never smoked a cigar. I tried one with a buddy of mine who had a box and I enjoyed it so he gave me a few. I have no clue what they were and neither did he. They were given to him by his dad is a plain wooden box. Now that I am out of those I'm looking for advice on some I could try. Maybe something affordable and kind of mild? I don't want to overdo it since I'm just getting started. Any advice would be appreciated.

Welcome.  Please head over to the Intro section and do a proper introduction and tell us a little about yourself.  As to your question, what particularly did you enjoy about the cigars your buddy gave you? 

Welcome to the board.  As a fellow noob, I highly recommend rules section first & introduce yourself.  After that, use the search function.  It's a lesson you don't want to learn the hard way.

Welcome, I recently joined myself. I have already completed a newbie sampler trade and recceived some good smokes. This is a great forum.

Welcome! When I first joined, over 4 years ago now (time flies!), I did a newbie sampler trade or two. It's the best thing you can do when starting out, the FOGs will give you a nice range of sticks for your money.

As mentioned, head on over and introduce yourself.  Read the rules.  Read them again.  Though I did not participate in it, myself, I've never heard of a dissatisfied person in the Newbie Sampler Trade.  Some great sticks going around there, from what I hear.  I do not think you'd be disappointed.  Go check that out in the "Passes" section.  Finally:

Read More, Post Less.  ;)

welcome

my first cigar that hooked me was the Onyx Reserve Mini belicoses. They are less than $4/stick . Give it a shot. It's dark and chocolately and mild with a bit of earth tones to it.