• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Tool CD

I'd like to hear more than one song before I commit to buying the album.
trust us on this one AVB...if you like rock music, this is gonna be a good one.
AVB, you've got to like the progression of thier music from the garage sound in Opiate to the alternitave rock operaesqe sound of Lateralus to really appreciate 10,000 Days. In the genre and evolution of Rock and Roll, I would definitely say Tool pushes the boundaries of the norm of the fringe while maintaining technical and theoretical musical superiority. You can quote me in 25 years that this band will be hallmarked as a huge influence in Rock and what is possible. As far as the new album ....

Sounds like they have picked up the tempo again in Jambi and have exploited mixed times and syncopation even more so than in Lateralus.
headbanger.gif

Wings for Marie (part 1) and 10,000 Days (part 2) remind me of the stories portrayed by Type O Negative.

I can definitely see The Pot being played on alternative rock stations regularly, with the rebellious anti-conformative crew clinging onto this one, but Maynard's voice sounded kind of funny, a little too high maybe. :0

Rosetta Stoned is definitely a very long trippy tirade of guitar and drums w/ Maynard whispering, growling, and singing in the background. This one will be great to see live. :cool:

I always wondered how Maynard kept A Perfect Circle seperate from Tool. In some respects they are smilar, but they are also really different. It seems that Intension blurs that line even more. Still a great song.

If this album seems to have strayed from the Tool I know and love, it was brought back squarely with Right in Two!! :thumbs:

Oh... and we all listened to Vicarious already ... right??!! :whistling: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Well well. Seems it is time to re-post something I posted here some four years ago. "Yes, the almost-inevitable has happened. Don't email me asking what I'm talking about. No, I'm serious, don't email me about it. Don't ask where you can get it, or anything else about this. Just make sure you buy "10,000 Days" when it comes out in two weeks. Make sure you support the band that has given you so much good music. If you don't, you may not get any more in the future. As one fan said, 'the band worked too hard on this for it to be blown by people who do nothing but accumulate MP3s.'"

I have purchased all of Tool's albums, even the live DVD, and will be purchasing this one as well. :cool:

Cheers!
- C

I can count on one hand the number of CD's that I can play in their entirety from front to back and enjoy every song. Tool's last CD is one of those.

I'd buy it blind.

I can count on one hand the number of CD's that I can play in their entirety from front to back and enjoy every song. Tool's last CD is one of those.

I'd buy it blind.

All the songs have leaked on the internet for the hard-core fans that can't wait until May 2nd. I'm still gonna buy the CD, but I get a nice preview right now :) Listening now...

All the songs have leaked on the internet for the hard-core fans that can't wait until May 2nd. I'm still gonna buy the CD, but I get a nice preview right now :) Listening now...

Thanks for the tip ;) Listening now as well, this is one awesome CD.

Thanks for the tip ;) Listening now as well, this is one awesome CD.

Intension is a nice mellow moody song you can smoke a cigar to. I'm digging it!

New Tool release after 5 years with nothing.
actually, they are right on schedule...look at the time span between aenima, lateralus etc...about every 5yrs.they are one of my favs, glad to see i am good comapny :thumbs:
here is the tour schedule for the US anyhow..http://www.toolband.com/news/

They're coming to Toronto on May 16th. I have to get tickets.

I can't wait to pick it up later today. I will see them in 2 weeks at Coachella Music Festival in Palm Springs! :love:

Later today? You friends with someone in the band?
I got way to excited. Didn't even look at the release date :blush:

1 week and 3 days til TOOL live. I'm sure they will play some new songs off the new ablum.

Tool is one of the best bands out right now.....Love them
Cant wait to see them on this club date run they plan on doing

I cant believe you guys would download music illegally. This country has laws for a reason!

By the way, do you have anymore of those ISOMs for trade! :sign: :sign:

Brandon

They are the only band whose cd I would buy without listening to one song. Definitely my favorite rock band currently making music. I guess you can say I am more than excited. I am ecstatic!!!!

I just saw them on Sunday, great show. They played a lot off the new album and now I am more excited to go get it :D

Just got it today. I have only listened to a few tracks so far, but I can say it is amazing. I cant wait to listen to more.

Tool is probably #2 behind Metallica for me. But yeah, I got the new album, and I loved it. Those "3D" glasses are crazy. Thought it was real cool that my drum teacher took lessons from the same guy as the guy who taught Danny Carey.

listening to the cd now...dang! well worth the long wait between discs.