• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Yankee Workshop

bunyfreak

So, it's been awhile. Anyway, how about Norm not coming back for another year of woodworking. I think I saw that he was planning on working on some of his own stuff, and concentrating a little more on "This Old House". It's too bad. He has shown woodworking to many people who wouldn't have seen it otherwise (on PBS). I guess you can't blame the guy for wanting to take it easy for a bit, or doing whatever it is that he wants to do...he's earned it. I was just going to throw this out there and see if any other wood workers had any thoughts about it. Btw, I had an Alec Bradley SCR torpedo tonight that was spot on...I really enjoyed it.

I'm no woodworker. But I love TOH and NYW. Norm is a hero to me. Even though I'm not able to do that kind of amazing work, I love watching it.

I'm really going to miss "and remember, there is no more important safety rule than to wear these, safety glasses."

Classic!

And when he comes back the next day it's always, "Well, good morning!"

I hope he enjoys semi-retirement. You're right, he's earned it.

BR

That's too bad, I always liked watching NYW. He did do a ton of seasons, so I can understand wanting to move on.

Norm should stick to carpentry. He's good at it. Woodworking, not so much.

Doc.

I've visited his house in MA and he practically built the whole thing himself. VERY nice and exotic woods on the interior of the house and trusses unlike anythign I've ever seen before. My sister used to work for him on NYW and TOH.