• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Yardgar favorite

Spanishcedar

Premium Grade Lumber Stock
I smoked a DonTomas Cameroon wrapper today while cutting the grass. Great cigar to sweat with and just drool all

over hahahaha. I really enjoyed this smoke, not only because it was about 3.00 for the stick itself, but it smoked

really well. I set it down once for about 10 minutes and came back to it and I puffed it right back up to speed.

Glad you enjoyed it.

....thing is, for $3.00 I can smoke a Padron 2000. With a year of humi time on 'em, they smoke with many of the flavors of the higher priced Padrons. For the money, that would be my choice.... :cool:

Regards - B.B.S.

Glad you enjoyed it.

....thing is, for $3.00 I can smoke a Padron 2000. With a year of humi time on 'em, they smoke with many of the flavors of the higher priced Padrons. For the money, that would be my choice.... :cool:

Regards - B.B.S.

I've noticed the same thing. I really need to start my long term aging thing with several boxes of the reg Padron Line.

I've always wondered about the term "YardGar". Is it a mistake purchase, a cheap barely tolerable cigar, or a really good cigar that is cheap? To me, a really good cigar, that's cheap, would be a sort of everyday cigar. I smoke a good cigar when I'm working in the Yard. It's torture enough mowing, pruning, digging, etc. in 100+ degree weather. Why compound my agony with a cigar that I'm not really crazy about?

I haven't smoked a Don Tomas in about 2 years, and I have to say I remember thinking it was a great cigar for the money.

edit to add, clarify

The DT Cameroons are the all-figurado line, correct? If so, these are good cigars and a decent value. I've enjoyed a few of these and would not hesitate to put up a box next to the Mayorgas and Sancho Panza DMs.

Wilkey

Glad you enjoyed it.

Regards - B.B.S.

You have a good point there. I'd imagine this cigar will be a wonderful cigar, aged... which I definitely plan to do to a few of these sticks.

The DT Cameroons are the all-figurado line, correct? If so, these are good cigars and a decent value. I've enjoyed a few of these and would not hesitate to put up a box next to the Mayorgas and Sancho Panza DMs.

Wilkey

I'm not sure about the filler, perhaps someone else can chime in, but from what I understand they share the same wrapper.

Wilkey

Get off my block :laugh:

Define yard gar.

Under $1.50? Under $1?

If it's under $3, I would go with a Partagas Super Partagas. They taste great even when re-lit!

I smoked a RyJ Short Churchill in the yard.

haha good point, guess any cigar you smoke in the yard is a yardgar, there you have it!

like a golfgar is any cigar you smoke, golfing.